As long as Dimps is making portable Sonic games, I can't imagine the 3DS getting

#11FefnirOmega13Posted 2/17/2013 6:57:32 PM(edited)
The VGA posted...
I thought UnWiished's day stages were good actually, the missions on the other hand....

I still have nightmares about that Day Eggmanland Time Attack... 3 minutes to do the stage was not nice.

Anyway, I don't care. Dimps did an awesome job with all of the handheld sonics (Well, except maybe Battle...), and Sonic has proven that he can't really handle his 3D all that well, so I don't really mind.

I either want an Advance/ DS compilation or a game where I can play as Tails without no silly Episode 2 tag team gimmicks.

You know what would be even more awesome than a new Sonic game for 3DS?!

Practically anything.

well aren't you edgy
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#12Metua(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:08:29 PM
Dimps didn't make Battle. >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/yKMR7.png
Monosodium glutamate!
#13Bahamut_10thPosted 2/17/2013 7:10:48 PM
I don't like 3D Sonic games so I guess I'm fine with this.
#14FefnirOmega13Posted 2/17/2013 7:26:09 PM
Metua posted...
Dimps didn't make Battle. >_>

Why do you think I added "except maybe"? That would insinuate at the very least I was unsure of it's origins and hadn't checked up on them... Though I suppose Battle was by no means a good game. AFAIK Dimps only produced #2 and #3 in the GBA era, though.
---
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#15Blaze627Posted 2/17/2013 7:31:47 PM(edited)
I'd actually be pretty interested to see Sonic Team design a handheld Sonic platformer for once. No incarnation of Sonic Team has ever designed a handheld Sonic platformer, they've always outsourced.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#16FefnirOmega13Posted 2/17/2013 7:33:14 PM
Blaze627 posted...
I'd actually be pretty interested to see Sonic Team design a handheld Sonic platformer for once. No incarnation of Sonic Team has ever designed a handheld Sonic platformer, they've always outsourced.

Advance 1 was a Sonic Team platformer.
---
#17Blaze627Posted 2/17/2013 7:50:09 PM
Blaze627 posted...

Advance 1 was Dimps, Sonic Team only supervised.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#18FefnirOmega13Posted 2/17/2013 8:03:18 PM
Blaze627 posted...
Blaze627 posted...

Is that so? Curious.

(I suppose Classic Collection doesn't count, then?)
---
#19Blaze627Posted 2/17/2013 8:19:38 PM
Blaze627 posted...
Blaze627 posted...

Is that so? Curious.

Yeah. Dimps has been the main developer for every handheld 2D Sonic platformer since Sonic Pocket Adventure. With Sonic 4 Episode II (I'm counting the iOS/Android versions as handhelds), they had assistance from Sega's Shanghai division, but that's about it.

(I suppose Classic Collection doesn't count, then?)

For Classic Collection, Sega basically hired the guy behind the Genesis homebew emulator for DS and had him make adjustments to the ROMs for them to work on DS.
---
#20Kenichi34Posted 2/17/2013 10:29:30 PM
After Dimps' recent work with Sonic, I'm actually hoping Sonic Team takes over fully and lets them go. While Sonic Team's been getting better and better after every Sonic game since Unleashed, Dimps seems to be going...The exact opposite. I haven't truly enjoyed the portable Sonic games since the Advance series.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth