Might get a 3DS XL next month - Advices?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Might get a 3DS XL next month - Advices?
3 years ago#1
I'm currently unemployed but my brother proposed to buy a 3DS XL as well as pre-order Luigi's Mansion next month. The catch is that I will have to pay him as soon as I get a new job.

We thought it would be a good idea because of the current free game promotion. I'd pick Mario 3D Land because while I like Layton I didn't want Miracle Mask to be my only 2nd option. And I have no interest in Star Fox 3D. I've had the displeasure to experience the game a year ago and found it too expensive for what it's worth.

I saw there is no bundle eligible for this registration, is that correct? I know the only bundle released since february 14 was the Fire Emblem one. And that's for a regular 3DS.

I need some advice. Do you think this deal with my brother is worth it? And do you think there is a significant chance that until two weeks before April 30 there could be a new XL bundle so I can get another sweet deal on top of the free game one and end with 3 games?

By the way, I AM picking Mario 3D Land for the free game choice. I don't care if anyone thinks the game is crap or whatever.

After this deal I'll probably have to stick to Virtual Console and eshop-exclusive games like Crashmo and Rolling Western for at least a few months.

Edit: One more question. Those 6 dollars screen protectors work to protect the screen from them damn scratches? I destroyed my DSi unprotected screen after playing TWEWY and Layton too much and I want to avoid having another handheld with scratches this time.
3 years ago#2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100127

The best way to avoid scratches is to wipe your screen free of dust each time you play it. I don't like screen protectors.
3 years ago#3
jedinat posted...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100127

Any XL should work.

100% sure? I couldn't find anywhere explaining wether or not I could register an old XL.
3 years ago#4
Bahamut_10th posted...
100% sure? I couldn't find anywhere explaining wether or not I could register an old XL.

It's just the club nintendo code, and they have no way of distinguishing when you've bought it based on that.

edit: or it's the bar code, same thing though. They aren't going to disqualify all the XLs they have on the shelves, lol.
3 years ago#5
Wow that's great news.

So I can get TWO free games in the long-run if I buy the MK7 bundle?

Gotta hope there are bundles in a store that allows import next month then.
(I live in Brazil)
3 years ago#6
what is this free games you guys are talking about?

i bought the mk7 bundle from frys yesterday :)
3 years ago#7
iimthomas posted...
what is this free games you guys are talking about?

i bought the mk7 bundle from frys yesterday :)

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

"Nintendo 3DS XL hardware registered on and after February 14th, 2013 can qualify for this offer."
3 years ago#8
LMAO I bought my 3ds xl + MK7 bundle from Newegg on Feb 4 (during their $10 off sale, so I got it for $190) and I was way too lazy to bother registering for Club Nintendo.

Guess laziness pays off. Thanks for the heads up man. Time to get my free...hmm lets see, Mario 3d land?
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
3 years ago#9
Does anyone knows if newegg allows brazilian customers to import from their online store?
3 years ago#10
Bahamut_10th posted...
Does anyone knows if newegg allows brazilian customers to import from their online store?

Anyone?

I found another shop that is VERY good for brazilians but it doesn't has any bundle. So I really wanted to know if newegg allows this.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Might get a 3DS XL next month - Advices?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived