Might get a 3DS XL next month - Advices?

#1Bahamut_10thPosted 2/17/2013 4:50:23 PM(edited)
I'm currently unemployed but my brother proposed to buy a 3DS XL as well as pre-order Luigi's Mansion next month. The catch is that I will have to pay him as soon as I get a new job.

We thought it would be a good idea because of the current free game promotion. I'd pick Mario 3D Land because while I like Layton I didn't want Miracle Mask to be my only 2nd option. And I have no interest in Star Fox 3D. I've had the displeasure to experience the game a year ago and found it too expensive for what it's worth.

I saw there is no bundle eligible for this registration, is that correct? I know the only bundle released since february 14 was the Fire Emblem one. And that's for a regular 3DS.

I need some advice. Do you think this deal with my brother is worth it? And do you think there is a significant chance that until two weeks before April 30 there could be a new XL bundle so I can get another sweet deal on top of the free game one and end with 3 games?

By the way, I AM picking Mario 3D Land for the free game choice. I don't care if anyone thinks the game is crap or whatever.

After this deal I'll probably have to stick to Virtual Console and eshop-exclusive games like Crashmo and Rolling Western for at least a few months.

Edit: One more question. Those 6 dollars screen protectors work to protect the screen from them damn scratches? I destroyed my DSi unprotected screen after playing TWEWY and Layton too much and I want to avoid having another handheld with scratches this time.
#2jedinatPosted 2/17/2013 4:51:22 PM(edited)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100127

The best way to avoid scratches is to wipe your screen free of dust each time you play it. I don't like screen protectors.
#3Bahamut_10th(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:52:07 PM
jedinat posted...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100127

Any XL should work.

100% sure? I couldn't find anywhere explaining wether or not I could register an old XL.
#4jedinatPosted 2/17/2013 4:54:37 PM(edited)
Bahamut_10th posted...
100% sure? I couldn't find anywhere explaining wether or not I could register an old XL.

It's just the club nintendo code, and they have no way of distinguishing when you've bought it based on that.

edit: or it's the bar code, same thing though. They aren't going to disqualify all the XLs they have on the shelves, lol.
#5Bahamut_10th(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:57:42 PM(edited)
Wow that's great news.

So I can get TWO free games in the long-run if I buy the MK7 bundle?

Gotta hope there are bundles in a store that allows import next month then.
(I live in Brazil)
#6iimthomasPosted 2/17/2013 5:13:43 PM
what is this free games you guys are talking about?

i bought the mk7 bundle from frys yesterday :)
#7jedinatPosted 2/17/2013 5:15:42 PM(edited)
iimthomas posted...
what is this free games you guys are talking about?

i bought the mk7 bundle from frys yesterday :)

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

"Nintendo 3DS XL hardware registered on and after February 14th, 2013 can qualify for this offer."
#8KaitaNuvaPosted 2/17/2013 5:22:01 PM(edited)
LMAO I bought my 3ds xl + MK7 bundle from Newegg on Feb 4 (during their $10 off sale, so I got it for $190) and I was way too lazy to bother registering for Club Nintendo.

Guess laziness pays off. Thanks for the heads up man. Time to get my free...hmm lets see, Mario 3d land?
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#9Bahamut_10th(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:35:44 PM
Does anyone knows if newegg allows brazilian customers to import from their online store?
#10Bahamut_10th(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:43:28 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Does anyone knows if newegg allows brazilian customers to import from their online store?

Anyone?

I found another shop that is VERY good for brazilians but it doesn't has any bundle. So I really wanted to know if newegg allows this.