Just grabbed a 3ds Xl what the first thing to do

#1birdfartomatoPosted 2/17/2013 5:20:22 PM
I been a Sony guy the pass 7 years, not up to date .

Are there any cool aps everyone downloads? What games everyone is playing?

The last 3 ds games I played was advance wars, golden sun, advance wars days of ruin. So I'm like a classic style rpg fan and tower defense gamer.
---
Friend code: 3411-0313-7737 3ds.
Woooo I crossed over to the dark side, sorry Sony, maybe when you put more effort into your system maybe I'll pick my vita up
#2RayzerTagPosted 2/17/2013 5:23:50 PM
Based on your tastes, you should really buy Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Also fantastic:
-Virtue's Last Reward (and it's predecessor, 999)
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Kid Icarus Uprising
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#3FefnirOmega13Posted 2/17/2013 5:27:09 PM
Fire Emblem is made by the same people who did Advance Wars- It's a similar game, except it sacrifices infinite unit production for a cast of characters you eventually grow to care for and love- and it makes sending them into hordes of enemies that much more difficult, since every death is permanent. Dead people stay dead (unless you're a dirty resetter) and the series employs more of an RPG-esque setup in regards to damage calculation.

If you enjoyed AW I'm sure you'll want to give it a shot.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#4MrKunioPosted 2/17/2013 5:41:00 PM
Make a couple Miis in Mii Maker. and find out your friend code so you can trade it to others.

Go on the eshop and check out some demos and videos of games that interest you. Fire emblem and etrian odyssey IV might appeal to you. Demos are free!

Download swapnote and get some friends, so you can pass notes or draw to eachother.

Pokedex 3d is free, download that too for fun.

Check out some of the gmes or just post here for recomendations.

Welcome back to Nintendo.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#5JulesNeciPosted 2/17/2013 5:41:30 PM
1. Buy 999, play it
2. Buy VLR, play it
3.Buy Fire Emblem, play it
---
Since when is it such a crime to own a Vita and a 3DS and LOVE both of them?
#6hanguknamjaPosted 2/17/2013 5:44:30 PM
If you want a cheap rpg you should check out ghost recon shadow wars. Its a grid based rpg thats pretty fun.

Fire emblem is also amazing.
---
3DS FC ~ 0259 - 0297 - 4254 ~
Albert
#7MaximusPadicusPosted 2/17/2013 5:54:53 PM
TC,
We are the exact same person.

I was also a lonsgtanding sony guy. Monster Hunter was my meal of choice. I felt very duped by sony between the overpriced hardware with no software, overpriced propietary memory cards, and bigtime lies and promises of games that will never exist on a system that will soon cease to be relevant.

That aside, your question:

1. Fire Emblem (just like everybody else said. A masterpiece. Period.)

2. Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (this will satiate your need to play a mature game)

3. Mario Kart 3DS (nothing on any sony system has been able to duplicate this formula perfectly.)

4. Crimson Shroud (an awesome experience on the XL)

5. Liberation Maiden (a cult classic by 3DS standards at this point.)

Make sure that for all of these games that you turn the 3D ON.
Why? because that is one of the main points of the new system that you now own. Also, immersion is fantastic with 3D on.

And, last but not least,
You must buy Monster Hunter Ultimate 3D. Turn 3D on of course.
The game is both bigger and has more content and weapons than the older games.

You will not regret your purchase.
I havent looked back. The only game im playing on my vita right now is, Persona 4 Golden.
---
"In the land of the one-eyed, the man with TWO eyes is King."
Maximus Padicus
#8birdfartomato(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:01:12 PM
MaximusPadicus posted...
TC,
We are the exact same person.

I was also a lonsgtanding sony guy. Monster Hunter was my meal of choice. I felt very duped by sony between the overpriced hardware with no software, overpriced propietary memory cards, and bigtime lies and promises of games that will never exist on a system that will soon cease to be relevant.

That aside, your question:

1. Fire Emblem (just like everybody else said. A masterpiece. Period.)

2. Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (this will satiate your need to play a mature game)

3. Mario Kart 3DS (nothing on any sony system has been able to duplicate this formula perfectly.)

4. Crimson Shroud (an awesome experience on the XL)

5. Liberation Maiden (a cult classic by 3DS standards at this point.)

Make sure that for all of these games that you turn the 3D ON.
Why? because that is one of the main points of the new system that you now own. Also, immersion is fantastic with 3D on.

And, last but not least,
You must buy Monster Hunter Ultimate 3D. Turn 3D on of course.
The game is both bigger and has more content and weapons than the older games.

You will not regret your purchase.
I havent looked back. The only game im playing on my vita right now is, Persona 4 Golden.

Nice, not really a monster hunter guy. Played one on psp it seem like a game you have to put hours into. I hop from game to game but constantly go back to them. Although Mario kart 3ds is something I think I can get into, I loved blur for the consoles so I will try this
---
Friend code: 3411-0313-7737 3ds.
Woooo I crossed over to the dark side, sorry Sony, maybe when you put more effort into your system maybe I'll pick my vita up
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 2/17/2013 7:08:02 PM
Get Photo Dojo and put yourself in the game and upload a video of it for us to see
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10rajin_donutsPosted 2/17/2013 7:31:25 PM
I would grab the DQ games that were released on the DS if you have not already played them.