Is devil survivor overclocked any good?

#11DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/17/2013 11:30:49 PM
Devil Survivor 2 is pretty easy compared to the first but that doesn't make it bad. In fact, I'd say it's the better game overall. DeSu1 still has a better story.

It depends on which you think is more important.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#12zavlinzPosted 2/17/2013 11:34:47 PM
I did not grind or use a walkthrough in 2 O_o
i will say though, where it has a pacing problem is in newgame+.... thats where it requires you to grind on some of the early newgame+ bosses.
#13saint35Posted 2/17/2013 11:56:18 PM
I am envious of you guys. I got to the second day of Devil Survivor 2 and literally got stuck there. I say this as someone who's beat SMT 1, 2, 3 Nocturne, the original Devil Summoner for saturn, Raidou 1/2, Persona 2-4, Strange Journey and DDS 1/2. I basically kept fighting free battles to try and grind in order to get stronger. The free battles were so tough I would have to flee them when I generally had half the enemies killed because I would be on the verge of getting a game over otherwise. I didn't really seem to be able to figure out how to get an edge over my enemies. Literally, I tried skill cracking, fusing, checking the auction houses and just about everything. Nothing really seemed to make my characters that much more powerful to help with the story mission I was stuck on. After gaining like 2-3 levels on all party members, getting more skills from Skill Crack, going to the auctions getting better demons and all of that I still didn't seem that much more powerful. Which lead to me just abandoning Devil Survivor 2. It's a shame. Since I really enjoyed the game up to that point.
---
Why modern education is failing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM6c-HY8dck
#14DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/18/2013 12:04:15 AM
For day 2, you should get a couple of Angels with Force Dance. They'll help you out a lot on that day.

You've beaten harder games in the series. This should be no problem for you.
---
#15lostseraph7Posted 2/18/2013 12:55:34 AM
Halladay32 posted...
Is it also recommendable for those who are novices when it comes to SRPGs? Fire Emblem: Awakening was my first SRPG and I really enjoyed it; but if this one is much more difficult, I'll probably hold off on getting it for the time being.

No. Both Devil Survivors tend to have some absurd difficulty spikes in various boss battles to the point where "That's BS" will become your new catchphrase while playing the games.
#16OoSubaruoOPosted 2/18/2013 1:02:39 AM
lostseraph7 posted...
Halladay32 posted...
Is it also recommendable for those who are novices when it comes to SRPGs? Fire Emblem: Awakening was my first SRPG and I really enjoyed it; but if this one is much more difficult, I'll probably hold off on getting it for the time being.

No. Both Devil Survivors tend to have some absurd difficulty spikes in various boss battles to the point where "That's BS" will become your new catchphrase while playing the games.

Overclocked was my first Devil Survivor, I had no issues at all.
#17DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/18/2013 1:06:42 AM
Devil Survivor was my first Megaten and I had no problems whatsoever.

All you need to do is keep your demons up to date.
---
#18Rasen543Posted 2/18/2013 7:23:44 AM
wat

You can seriously BS most of DeSU2 without grinding. That game is a lot more forgiving than most other SMT.

Until Saturday. Saturday will kick your ass.
---
Official Kodama of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#19DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/18/2013 9:12:55 AM

Maybe if you choose to side with Psyduck. Otherwise you should be fine.
---
#20Sir_HaxorPosted 2/18/2013 9:44:07 AM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...

Maybe if you choose to side with Psyduck. Otherwise you should be fine.

I did on my first go. The hell did I get myself into...
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board