I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting sick of people complaining about Etrian Odyssey.

#111RazieruPosted 2/18/2013 12:38:09 AM
Nickcool1996 posted...
Dude. I AM the law. Sorry, couldn't resist.

No, not creative enough. What did I just lecture you about?

Too much work. I decline.

Why bother asking then? Oh yeah, you're still after a date with me. I see you blushing, dear.

Oh ****, that's big. Huh? Mimicry? This is nothing of the sort, I assure you :P

You do know tha self denial is still in season, yes? What a show you're putting on. And you're in rare form, too.

Ever been so sleepy you get hysterical? Yeah. Guess I shall sleep then.

So....that's your....excuse? How fragile of you.

Someone should totally create a ureziaR account though. Nah, that's insane.

Giving yourself "bright" ideas already? Oh my. I'm....charmed.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#112Devilman_AmonPosted 2/18/2013 12:46:49 AM
Baha05 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
And I listed the ones that do (outside cut scenes, mirrors or 1st to 3rd person toggle)

But yeah the question was still stupid

Not really though, it's a legit question given the nature of FPS games.

No it's not. Only a birdbrain would ask that question...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#113Baha05Posted 2/18/2013 12:50:21 AM(edited)
Devilman_Amon posted...
No it's not. Only a birdbrain would ask that question...

Except it is and that piss poor list that you gave is the reason why it's not a stupid question, because the sheer number of FPS games out there, there isn't a whole lot where you can actually see your character outside of:

Cut scenes
Mirrors or Reflections
Menus
Character Creation
1st to 3rd Person Toggle
Death Scenes
Icons (Doom Guy)
Etc
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#114RazieruPosted 2/18/2013 12:52:12 AM
Dude, wasting your time arguing with Baa Baa's narcissist problem will only hurt you. He prides himself on shoving his flawed "logic" down people's throats.

Just keep responding with stuff like "no it isn't", "you're wrong", etc. That should help in such a fruitless battle.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#115DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/18/2013 12:54:42 AM
Just keep responding with stuff like "no it isn't", "you're wrong", etc. That should help in such a fruitless battle.

This is solid advice for both Amon and Baha if you ask me. :u

They'll keep arguing and I'll have something to look at. n:
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#116parKb5Posted 2/18/2013 3:41:54 AM
I never played an EO game before but I downloaded the demo and I really don't like the 3D first person gameplay. I hated that back in the 80's and 90's and I still hate it. It just feels like the same scenery screen after screen and I get lost. Having to draw the map yourself really doesn't help either LOL.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#117Megaman OmegaPosted 2/18/2013 4:32:57 AM
I know people are entitled to their own opinion, but it's pretty ridiculous when they complain about not being able to see their characters, or other minor things like that. It's as if they just bought it off of impulse without knowing what the game was about. If it were a more valid complaint like "Oh hey, I think this game is pretty tedious", or "This complex job system is not my style, I'm not quite sure I like this" then I would understand. But if you're gonna jump in, without knowing what the hell the game is about, and then ***** and moan about it, it makes me want to grab your 3DS, all of your fancy smanshy RPGs where you can see all of your characters, and shove them so far up your butt, that you will be pooping out your save files for 3 weeks straight.

Aight, daily rant is over.

Yeah, gotta love people like that. Blaming first person games to be from a first person view? lol. Reminds me of those lunatic reviewers that blamed DQIX for not looking as good as DQVIII, or SM3DL for not having gyroscope controls.
---
I just wish pming people wouldn't cause tos violations. I'd really let a few cowards know their place :D. Hehehe - FKRW4Life having a supernova grade meltdown
#118abbyhitterPosted 2/18/2013 5:24:04 AM
I had never heard of this series until this game on the 3DS. I knew nothing about the series besides the fact that it was an RPG. I was really impressed with the demo until I got to the actual battling part. I didn't like not being able to see my character perform their attacks. I am so used to this aspect of RPGs. I didn't like the 1st person exploration view either. I'm more of a The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Kingdom Hearts kind of RPG player.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#119JP_SartrePosted 2/18/2013 6:11:29 AM
Can't see your characters? Hell, in EO 2, I made sketches of all my characters. It is called "Imagination". With what little TB gaming is left, damn straight I'll buy a copy of this.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#120KeleenRemPosted 2/18/2013 6:16:43 AM
Haha, this reminds me of Ni No Kuni's release. Everyone was complaining about the game looking too kiddy before it's release date.