Who here is getting Mirror of Fate?

#31nonexistingheroPosted 2/18/2013 12:45:11 PM
So? How is that stopping you from buying the 3DS version, which comes out next month? >_>

It isn't, I never intend to get the game. But as a gamer, I think it's reason enough to completely skip on the 3DS version of this game because of it. I don't mind it when they do it later, but when there's obvious plans to already do so, I wouldn't walk straight into their money sucking trap.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#32logans_run_82(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:36:58 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
So? How is that stopping you from buying the 3DS version, which comes out next month? >_>

It isn't, I never intend to get the game. But as a gamer, I think it's reason enough to completely skip on the 3DS version of this game because of it. I don't mind it when they do it later, but when there's obvious plans to already do so, I wouldn't walk straight into their money sucking trap.

Where are these "obvious plans"? I've been hearing it's leaning towards the contrary myself.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct, though. Def. a possibility, and it personally is not stopping me from not buying the game. Because I think it's cool to own d1p physical copies of games on their original platform. downloading an HD version later is lame...but that's just from my collectivist mindset of game-hoarding.

I wish I forked over the money to buy new copies of classic gameboy advanced games...seeing how much they go for if they're in prime condition.
---
The Opposite of a great truth is also true -- Niels Bohr
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#33vervainePosted 2/18/2013 1:40:05 PM
Not buying it, I didn't like Lords of Shadow and this one looks similar. Admittedly the locations seem nice, but IMHO the gameplay isn't exciting at all.
#34JobocanPosted 2/18/2013 1:46:51 PM
I'll play the demo. If it's less crappy than it seems (maybe the game is more fun to play than it is to watch?) I'll keep my pre-order.

I want to give it a chance because it's Castlevania, but I'm very reluctant because it's associated with Lords of Shadow, which sucked not only as a Castlevania game, but as a game in general.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#35Milox3Posted 2/18/2013 1:53:18 PM
Words cannot describe how much I need a portable castlevania title
---
3DS: 3265 5151 2528 W2: 2151 6007 1173
WiiU/Ps3/RE.net: HuskyTheMilo
#36SoaringDivePosted 2/18/2013 2:26:36 PM
I'll try the demo. I LOVED Lords of Shadow (although I hated it at first), but I'm not sure if it'll translate that well to 2D. And I hope they didn't make the game like one of those awful Metroid-clone Castlevanias.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#37cadorPosted 2/18/2013 5:10:11 PM
G1ingy posted...
cador posted...
I'm buying but I'm not so sure if I will enjoy its side scrolling God of War style. I'm giving it a shot. If I find it terrible, no more mercuryvania for me.

Wait, if you're this skeptical about it, shouldn't you buy it used or wait for it's price to drop down a little first?

While that is a logical move, I have enjoyed many a game that was rated low by many reviewers so its kind of difficult to trust reviews for me sometimes. So for games that I'm interested in even if I'm skeptical, buy first and suffer consequences later.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy