Are 3DS XL camera's suppose to be this bad?

#1RedShadowwwPosted 2/17/2013 10:46:49 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2599/hni0007z.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3708/hni0006h.jpg
#2Buttery_ToastPosted 2/17/2013 10:49:49 PM
Yes. It's still barely over 1 megapixel like the regular 3ds
---
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte
#3RazieruPosted 2/17/2013 10:53:58 PM
Nintendo's "cameras" for their hand helds have been dire since the DSi days, where they first made their appearance. Get an actual 16 mega pixel camera or something.

.3 mega pixels are of NO value to anyone or thing, nor should they ever be taken seriously.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#4viajarvPosted 2/17/2013 10:54:58 PM
Lack of a flash is a horrible thing on a camera.
#5RedShadowww(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:56:34 PM
Razieru posted...
Nintendo's "cameras" for their hand helds have been dire since the DSi days, where they first made their appearance. Get an actual 16 mega pixel camera or something.

.3 mega pixels are of NO value to anyone or thing, nor should they ever be taken seriously.

Nah, I just wanted to know if my 3DS was defective. Plus only reason why i'd want a better camera for my 3ds is for AR stuff.
#6Devilman_AmonPosted 2/17/2013 11:03:42 PM
Razieru posted...

Hell, I'd settle for 8 mega pixel and a flash.
My Samsung Galaxy II is that and it takes great pictures...

Nintendo just likes to pride themselves on being cheap...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#7RazieruPosted 2/17/2013 11:13:31 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Razieru posted...

Aw man. My My Touch is 7 mega pixels! I'm SO jelly!

Anyway, yes, Nintendo is cheap and archaic. Just look at the 3DS XL. That has to be their most budget rife system ever.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#8Baha05Posted 2/17/2013 11:17:40 PM
Yeah the 3DS, 3DS XL, and even the Vita has really bad cameras for portable devices.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9GollyFluffPosted 2/18/2013 7:07:58 AM
I probably would have gotten an xl sooner if the camera was at least decent
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#10NekoakumaPosted 2/18/2013 7:20:07 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Razieru posted...

My old SH-01B (Sharp Phone) had a 12MP camera.
And isn't the Vita camera the same 0.3mp also?
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.