Poll: would you mind losing the bottom screen

#11SS4kronos33Posted 2/19/2013 12:27:38 PM
i say keep the clamshell design but have 1 screen that was both a touch screen and a 3D screen rolled into one with the ability to turn the 3d on and off like the way you do now
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
#12vashtrichamPosted 2/19/2013 12:29:16 PM
Get rid of the bottom screen and use just one screen. Get rid of the clam shell design and let people hook up the system to there tv
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#13CHOVI3Posted 2/19/2013 12:36:33 PM
That'd kill backward compatibility so no
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#14guedesbrawlPosted 2/19/2013 12:41:15 PM
basically power and aesthetics, is it? over gameplay?

pah.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#15SSJ2__GohanPosted 2/19/2013 1:31:30 PM
Yes. Unlike others, I actually liked the clutter: IMO it wasn't clutter at all, as it was all useful. I don't like having to swap my view back and forth continuously for said useful information.

So, either 1 screen, or all games should get an option to move said "clutter" back to the first screen (including things like menus and such, where you can move through using the controls, in case it was touch-only).
#16ferofaxPosted 2/19/2013 8:13:04 PM(edited)
Stop turning the DS series into a non-DS device. Stop turning a handheld into a console. If you want to hook it up to a TV, go buy a console you can hook up into a TV. Because the second you let people hook up a 3DS to the TV, the more they will complain about oh how the graphics sucks when it looks perfectly fine on the handheld. And people who don't like the second screen can go find another device to play on. I like my DS devices. I like that they have two screens and the clamshell design. I care not for "power" and "retina", because if I did, I would have gotten a Vita or an iPad.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#17furygodsPosted 2/19/2013 8:09:47 PM
The dual screens is what makes the 3DS and the DS unique and it would be a great blow to lose it.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#18JohnwaltPosted 2/19/2013 8:12:17 PM
but the DS stands for dual screen... then what would it be called?

wait.... it's called 3DS, shouldn't it be 3DDS? O.o o.O
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
#19ukokira1Posted 2/19/2013 8:15:45 PM
Johnwalt posted...
but the DS stands for dual screen... then what would it be called?

wait.... it's called 3DS, shouldn't it be 3DDS? O.o o.O

3DS = Three Dimensional Screens.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#20trenton97Posted 2/19/2013 8:18:16 PM
DS means Developer's System.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.