Importing a US 3DS

#1jurrian91Posted 2/18/2013 3:46:17 AM
So I live in Europe and since every game developer/publisher hates Europe, I often have to wait multiple months before a game comes out here (as is the case with the new Fire Emblem). Usually, I just import my games from the US but because there is a region lock on the 3DS (**** you, Nintendo), this clearly isn't an option. So I'm thinking of getting an American 3DS, except I have no idea what a good importing webshop would be. Does anyone have any experience with importing consoles to Europe and if so, where did you order it?

Thanks in advance.
---
"He said that the MC made dick move." -gohobojoe
#2Xenesis XenonPosted 2/18/2013 3:47:57 AM
While I'm not in Europe, I'm in Australia and have done a similar thing.

For the 3DS consoles, play-asia.com has them and ships worldwide. Although for consoles they're pricey. What I've found is actually best for getting consoles themselves is searching US and Canada ebay for retailers that ship internationally!
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#3jurrian91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:59:00 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I also just realised something: I would have to buy a different charger as well, wouldn't I?
---
"He said that the MC made dick move." -gohobojoe
#4PokeMasterPosted 2/18/2013 4:02:03 AM
no, use your local charger
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#5Xenesis XenonPosted 2/18/2013 4:04:57 AM
jurrian91 posted...
Thanks for the suggestion. I also just realised something: I would have to buy a different charger as well, wouldn't I?

If you've already got a European 3DS charger, that'll work on a US 3DS. Otherwise something I've found works really well is those $2 USB chargers.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#6Cloudzer00Posted 2/18/2013 4:46:26 AM
estarland,videogamesplus,play-asia,ebay

Yesterday i bought Super Mario 3D Land on ebay for 20 with free shipping to Germany.
Always check ebay if you want to buy cheap used games, for new games always check estarland or videogamesplus.
Play-Asia has some good sales but most of the time new games cost more than on ebay,videogamesplus or estarland.
#7RayzerTagPosted 2/18/2013 5:17:28 AM
vgp.ca ships them worldwide for a reasonable price.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#8lambchipsPosted 2/18/2013 5:47:28 AM
You might want to reconsider..

EU has been slowly gaining more support from nintendo (compared to US )
^ solatobo, inazuma eleven, disaster day of crisis, last window, project rainfall, tingle ds,

EU get Atlus games so much later though... but atleast EU still get it
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#9badboyPosted 2/18/2013 6:06:42 AM
frys.com has international shipping.
#10Cloudzer00Posted 2/18/2013 6:26:17 AM(edited)
lambchips posted...
You might want to reconsider..

EU has been slowly gaining more support from nintendo (compared to US )
^ solatobo, inazuma eleven, disaster day of crisis, last window, project rainfall, tingle ds,

EU get Atlus games so much later though... but atleast EU still get it

Well it's true. I got my US 3DS 2 days before Nintendo Direct was announced and now the only games that have no release for EU are Soul Hackers, Rune Factory 4 and Harvest Moon: AMB

Nobody can look into the future and knows if Europe gets all games but all i know is that Europe missed a lot of good games in the past 10-15 years