Pros and cons of downloading games.

#31OoSubaruoOPosted 2/18/2013 11:20:44 AM(edited)
Or, you could just pay that $95 charge, and get your 3DS back + your games. It's still cheaper than buying a new one.

Nintendo isn't going to change their Online any time soon.
#3290sRetroGamingPosted 2/18/2013 11:35:21 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Or, you could just pay that $95 charge, and get your 3DS back + your games. It's still cheaper than buying a new one.

No.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#33OoSubaruoOPosted 2/18/2013 11:37:40 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

No.

Yes.
#34DeathSoul2000Posted 2/18/2013 11:39:37 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

No.

Yes.

No.
#3590sRetroGamingPosted 2/18/2013 11:40:23 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

No.

Yes.

Are you going to be generous and pay that $95 and tax for me then?
---
#36n00bsaib0tPosted 2/18/2013 11:42:57 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

No.

Yes.

It's significantly cheaper than buying a new 3DS. I can't believe anyone would argue it his point.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#37OoSubaruoOPosted 2/18/2013 11:43:57 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

No.

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFHYSbDl-cY
#3890sRetroGamingPosted 2/18/2013 11:47:18 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

No.

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFHYSbDl-cY

And you posted that lame vid why?.
---
#39meiyukiPosted 2/18/2013 12:02:05 PM
ares9090 posted...

Let me add something to this:

Nintendo sells digital copies of retail games at the same price (full price) while saving in packaging, printed materials and the cart itself using, at the same time, resources you spent money to get, name it your SD Card

Digital barely have real offers, like the Beat Buy one where you could find the Professor Layton Game for $ 15.00,

While it's true there are fewer sales for digital games, the first point is not totally accurate. For the first point they don't have the cost of packaging and retailers taking their cut, but they do have the costs of servers and bandwidth. Keep in mind they for the most part have to pay for the server forever, whereas they can stop printing physical games when it stops selling.

I don't know all the cost break downs of the two forms of distribution but digital does have costs associated with it that physical doesn't. So a blanket "they don't pay for x" doesn't work since instead they're paying for Y.
#40RocketZXbluePosted 2/22/2013 6:26:03 AM
PRO: don't need to switch games, but REGISTER ALL YOUR GAMES on club nintendo so if you're system breaks, gets lost, stolen etc you call nintendo and get them to transfer it to a new 3DS
don't have to switch cartridges to check streetpasses.

CON: you can't share digital downloads, my brother and I have our own 3DSs but don't wanna buy each game twice.
can't sell them when you're done with them.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX