Waiting to play Super Mario 3D Land, but the wait is KILLING me!

#21confettistormPosted 2/19/2013 7:29:20 AM
HeroC114 posted...
I heard it is one of the best Mario games out there. Going to get it with the Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon promo and registering my 3DS XL, but damn is this wait unbearable! Fire Emblem is losing it's appeal slowly. :(

I FULLY completed 3D Land (5 shiny stars including final level) in 30 hours.
I'm 150 hours into Fire Emblem, finished Hard mode and still running through Lunatic.
No end in sight for FE...
#22GenericName9Posted 2/19/2013 7:36:40 AM
It's not THE BEST Mario, there's no way it can claim that while there's Mario64, Sunshine, & the Galaxies. It IS the best on 3DS for sure. Great music, good level design, lots & lots to do if you go for 100%, & it has unique gameplay very similar to the 3D platforming levels from Sunshine. I don't know what it is exactly but it does have a very nostalgic feel to it. The final secret level is HARD, although about half of the secret world levels ARE duplicates of regular levels with the added challenge of Cosmic Mario they are still fun challenge-wise. I've played through the entire game 4 times now, I've 100%ed each time and this last time I played even I'm still finding little secret 1up niche areas I never knew about. This is the one game I'm considering buying twice, this time from the E-shop so that I have it permanently on my 3DS.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#23COlimar788Posted 2/19/2013 7:46:46 AM
It's a really mediocre game, I wouldn't get hyped for it.
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#24HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 2:37:22 PM
Well... I heard it was rather easy. I buy games both myself and my girlfriend enjoy, and after she completed Bayonetta, I think she needs some classic Nintendo, and what better way to play than through a Mario game?

Also, I didn't mean to offend anyone about their love of Fire Emblem. I think it's a great game, and I have sunk 37 hours into it already(yes Spotpass is addicting along with the relationship building). I think I just need to play it less.

I bought Kid Icarus used for $20, and it's like Star Fox 64 on CRACK. I love it.

3DS is an amazing system overall. In my eyes it's Nintendo's main platform right now. Wii U hopefully will pick up steam, but in the meantime, there are so many great games for the 3DS!
#25Cookie_AromaPosted 2/19/2013 2:45:19 PM
I think my game file for Mario 3D Land says I've died somewhere around 146 times on it. So it's not that easy, but I never used the inventory items on the bottom screen to make it intentionally harder for myself.