Just got a used 3DS for $60 and the gamestop guy got mad. Also a FE question.

#1DevilStriderPosted 2/18/2013 2:38:40 PM(edited)
Someone was about to trade it in at gamestop for $60 store credit and I was like I'll give to $65 cash. I had just went to gamestop the day before looking to get a 3DS and they were sold out. The guy at gamestop got pissed about it for some odd reason. After I bought it I asked if they had any fire emblems and he responded no in a quick and sharp manner. So then I asked was it available on the nintendo store and he was like no it's not in the same tone as before. So I get home and connect it to my network and low and behold FE is on the nintendo store. Now my question is should I buy it off the store or get the physical copy from another store?
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#2MetalLokiPosted 2/18/2013 2:35:38 PM
Go to another store.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#3jedinatPosted 2/18/2013 2:37:30 PM
lol, you bit into his week's quota. Sounds like he takes himself too seriously.
#4crimsonclaw111Posted 2/18/2013 2:37:42 PM
Don't even bother with digital purchases until Nintendo has an account system.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#5DevilStrider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:37:49 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Go to another store.

Yeah I was thinking that was the better choice. Because I don't have a SD card for it yet as well.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#690sRetroGamingPosted 2/18/2013 2:39:16 PM
You came in there and totally ruined his sale that's why he got mad and didn't want to help you any further! lmao.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#7MetalLokiPosted 2/18/2013 2:39:27 PM
DevilStrider posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Go to another store.

Yeah I was thinking that was the better choice. Because I don't have a SD card for it yet as well.

If you're in New York I would recommend Nintendo World for the game and there is a best buy like 8 mins away.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#8Gogo726Posted 2/18/2013 2:39:30 PM
If you conducted the transaction in the store, then they have the right to tell you to take that outside.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#9DevilStrider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:43:12 PM
Gogo726 posted...
If you conducted the transaction in the store, then they have the right to tell you to take that outside.

It was conducted outside the store.
---
#10DevilStrider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:47:30 PM
You see the person that was trading it in was only getting rid of it because she wanted the 3DS XL. They had one of those and she was like she will take it but she's trading in a regular 3DS to knock the price down. She said she played with the XL the day before and loved the big screen so she wanted that one. He said the value of the 3DS was $60 and I said wow I'll give you $65 cash right now. She said never mind to the clerk and we walked out the store and did business. She still bought the 3DS XL. But she said right in front of him that she we rather me get it for $65 than them charge me that high mark up for it used.
---