Streetpass picked up one friend but not the other?

#1unlimitedhpPosted 2/18/2013 10:26:27 PM
So my two friends each with their own 3DS [reg] brought their systems over for the first time.

My 3DS XL picked up one of them but would not streetpass with the other. We tried powering our 3DS's off and on. Both in sleep mode and not and various combinations. Walked out and into the room again. Nothing worked.

We could play Mario Kart wirelessly just fine.

?_? This happen regularly?
#2ferofaxPosted 2/19/2013 8:19:45 AM
It happens. Happened to me too. We played Streetfighter IV 3D, but no Streetpass tag whatsoever. And we were there for 4 hours or so.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#3iMURDAuPosted 2/19/2013 9:25:02 AM
Did they have streetpass enabled on their games? Have they set up the Mii Plaza? Some games require you to activate streetpass in the game.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#4CVNut13Posted 2/19/2013 9:51:02 AM
Yeah, Streetpass is weird like that. I also streetpassed the same person in less than seven hours, which I found to be weird but beneficial. Sometimes it just derps out and doesn't register an immediate 3DS right away. It happens.
#5unlimitedhp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:13:46 AM
Okay c'est la vie
#6RocketZXbluePosted 2/22/2013 6:10:29 AM
i was gonna say have the guy you already streetpass turn his off completely and wait a bit...
i had a different but similar situation happen
my brother and I brought both our 3DSs to the mall, one time i got 8 passes he got 6 despite us both being in the same spot all the time, next time we went he got 9 i got 7, my only conclusion was wireless interference...
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX