Importing a US 3DSXL to a PAL region

#1Devo05Posted 2/19/2013 3:45:57 AM
Hi,

I live in a PAL territory (Australia) and I've finally become fed up with the usually quite large difference in release dates for titles in the NTSC and PAL regions. There is a great website where I can buy NTSC region 3DS titles for the same or cheaper than what I pay at retail here so I have been thinking of importing a 3DS XL from the states so that I can play games earlier rather than wait potentially 12 months or longer (Harvest moon a new beginning)

I have a question regarding the e-shop, what would the situation with the e-shop be on a console imported from a different region? Would it still connect locally to the AU PAL e-shop or the US e-shop or none at all? If you can think of any other potential cons please let me know.
---
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
GT:FieryTrout
#2NekoakumaPosted 2/19/2013 4:13:53 AM
It will use the NA eShop.

However the US eShop doesn't accept foreign credit cards, you'll have to use Canada or Brazil if you want to buy stuff off the eShop.
Nintendo Video / other video services can be viewed via proxy.

No other cons I can think of.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#3saduffPosted 2/19/2013 4:15:31 AM
You can also buy US point cards.
---
What's this fish doing in my ear?
#4NekoakumaPosted 2/19/2013 4:16:02 AM
^or that.
---
#5Xenesis XenonPosted 2/19/2013 4:57:47 AM
Hi fellow Australian,

If you want to use the Eshop, if you change your region on the import 3DS to Canada you can purchase using your own Australian Debit/Credit card
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#6Devo05(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:05:36 AM
Excellent, sounds like there are no real downsides to importing a unit knowing I can get the games reliably. Although, one last thing I thought about, will I be able to use the AC wall charger from my old Australian 3DS on an American 3DS XL?
---
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.
GT:FieryTrout
#7NekoakumaPosted 2/19/2013 5:09:28 AM
Yes.
---
#8VanKeithPosted 2/19/2013 5:16:56 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/65308596

Both PokeMaster and Xenesis Xenon have been very helpful in that thread with regards to this topic. I was in your shoes too :)
Went for the import and loving it.