Club Nintendo and Old Games

#1danielmgPosted 2/19/2013 9:05:54 AM
I have a bunch of old ds and 3ds games I have purchased but never registered. Is there an expiration date for registering games?
---
cartoondan.com
#2ObtuseAnginaPosted 2/19/2013 9:09:00 AM
i dont think so, but not all games give coins, the only thing that matters with the date, is that if you register a game in the month of its release you get bonus coins
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#3viperstrike07Posted 2/19/2013 11:13:11 AM
As far as I know there is none. However, over time the coins you get may go down for a specific game. Meaning a $40 3DS game could be worth 40 coins today but in a few years it may only be worth 30 or 20 if theres a price drop. That happened with a lot of Wii games.

Everything worth coins on club N is here:
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do;jsessionid=299F5282A73D20318A9BFA49F20B6C8B
#4MrFwibblesPosted 2/19/2013 1:20:01 PM
Yes, they do expire. They last 3 or 4 years from the game's release date.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#5danielmg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:15:32 AM
Thanks for the answers. I'm going to register as much as I can when I get Luigis Mansion next month. I'm going to get Star Fox hopefully.
---
cartoondan.com
#6Kira_Elric2Posted 2/20/2013 3:26:24 AM
Smart thing would be to not register more than 600 coins worth so that you can get platinum status and save some for the next "Club Nintendo Year" in June/July.
#7AkaneJonesPosted 2/20/2013 5:25:38 AM
MrFwibbles posted...
Yes, they do expire. They last 3 or 4 years from the game's release date.

Actually not really, as I used most of my Wii games bought at the start of it's life to register through platinum last year. Twilight Princess codes still worked and that was about 6 years. Also so did Wario Land Shake It which was no longer on Nintendo new manufacture list(AI the game is out of print). I believe both if those have dropped in coinage to only 20, due to Selects line however. So at this time there is no known expiration date on unused registration codes. Note that coins however expire in two years of unuse, that means the one you already registered.

All of this is subject to change however. There is no actual guaranty. Just be aware at this time any Wii or DS code should work, even if the coinaged has dropped in value. However since the systems are ending their lives Nintendo may cut the games off eventually.
#8Kyoshiro12345Posted 2/20/2013 5:35:18 AM
club nintendo is BS, i bought a few months ago 2 copies of pokemon black ver2, and one white ver2, because i have a nephew and a niece, and i wanted an extra copy of black 2 for me, and i tried registering, it wouldnt let me register the second black, it said it wasnt alloed, how is it not allowed? cant a person buy as many copies as one wants and register them? CN is BS on that, i have 960 coins, and trying for that game and watch to put on my shelf, need 240 coins.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#9adonfrazPosted 2/20/2013 6:52:29 AM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
club nintendo is BS, i bought a few months ago 2 copies of pokemon black ver2, and one white ver2, because i have a nephew and a niece, and i wanted an extra copy of black 2 for me, and i tried registering, it wouldnt let me register the second black, it said it wasnt alloed, how is it not allowed? cant a person buy as many copies as one wants and register them? CN is BS on that, i have 960 coins, and trying for that game and watch to put on my shelf, need 240 coins.

Just make a second account under your family account.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst