Luigi's Mansion - the original

#1FF_FiendPosted 2/19/2013 1:03:57 PM
Pretty excited about Luigi's Mansion 2, despite somehow missing the first game. I had a gamecube, and own a ton of games for it. I don't know if this game just never interested me or I heard bad things about it.

But now I'm dying to play it. Only problem is? So is everyone else, now that the sequel is coming out. It's kinda pricey on amazon for a cube game. I could ebay it - but I wondered if there was any word of them doing something similar to what they do on PSN (i.e. sequel comes out and the original game is released digitally, on sale, prior to the release of the sequel to get people excited for said sequel).

Obviously it'd be released on the wii u store. So I should probably be asking this there. It'd be a smart move for nintendo. I just don't want to shell out for the game and go through the trouble of ebaying for a disc thats in bad condition, only to find out that it's being released for free later. PSN is constantly doing that to me.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#2Turbo_TRexPosted 2/19/2013 1:07:43 PM
Should've acted sooner. I rented the original back when it came out, but never bought it. But when I heard that it was getting a sequel, I needed the first one too, so I bought it on Amazon in June (of 2011) for $30.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#3FF_Fiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:19:56 PM
Turbo_TRex posted...
Should've acted sooner. I rented the original back when it came out, but never bought it. But when I heard that it was getting a sequel, I needed the first one too, so I bought it on Amazon in June (of 2011) for $30.

I just got it on amazon from an independent seller for 30 bucks. In "good" condition, he claims. We'll see.

But yeah, I remember seeing this in a nearby gamestop recently for like 12 dollars. That was right when they were selling the last of their cube-stock off. I really should've picked more of them up when they were doing that. Some of them are going for a pretty penny already.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#4StealthlysPosted 2/19/2013 1:23:03 PM
Unfortunately my weegees mansion is really scratched up, but I can play the game fine and complete in 8 hours. So "good" condition should work.
#5-Zeke-Posted 2/19/2013 1:50:41 PM
Mine came with my Gamecube lol
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#6Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/19/2013 1:53:17 PM
I just got it from my friend about a year or two ago. I never finished so I think I should restart it and beat it before 2 comes out.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Pink/Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT
#7abbyhitterPosted 2/19/2013 2:39:22 PM
I bought my used copy of Luigi's Mansion for $9.99 about 4 years ago at GameStop. I forgot that I had it and started playing it about a week ago. I can't beat the final boss because the aiming controls are severely broken. I hope Dark Moon makes it easier to aim.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#8AlustarPosted 2/19/2013 3:18:48 PM
I got my copy dirt cheap at GameStop years ago. Now it's my Halloween tradition, every year I play through it. To the poster above me, I am with you! When you have to accurately shoot something it can be a pain. I don't know how thrilled I would be spending $30 on it but I love the game and hopefully you do too.