Blind Purchased a 3DS XL... what am I supposed to buy now?

#1TotalDominAsianPosted 2/19/2013 3:40:41 PM
I was going to buy a Vita... saw the price drop to $200 and got excited. I hadn't played a handheld since gameboy color and pokemon yellow! Researching and browsing through the games list... I realized I could get almost all of them on the PS3 I already own. Then a friend told me about the $170 sale for the 3DS XL. Just now bought a red/black 3DS XL off newegg without even looking at the top games available haha.

Sooooo are there any must have games? Do I have to buy a memory card? I only know I need to buy Ocarina of Time to finally try out a Zelda game. Is it true the new upcoming Pokemon game is a remake of the original pokemon??? I'm mildly interested in Pokemon, but all the new pokemon I've missed out on... is daunting.
---
Close your eyes and dream... Then open your eyes and see.
#2PokeCrisPosted 2/19/2013 3:47:27 PM
No, you don't need a memory card to play games, unless you're going digital.

A few must have games that come to mind are Kid Icarus, Resident Evil: Revelations and if you like SRPG's then I'd say go for Fire Emblem Awakening.

Lol, no, the new Pokemon games are not remakes.
---
3DS FC: 0430-8439-5209
Black2: 2022-9016-5179
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 2/19/2013 3:48:33 PM
whoever told you the upcoming pokemon games are remakes is a liar. pkmn mystery dungeon is a new game, as are X & Y. must haves are generally mario 3d land, mario kart 7, (if you hate mario ignore that) kid icarus, resi evil revs, prof. layton, virtue's last reward, SMT games. oh and if you'd bother to open the sd card slot, you'll find it came with one.
#4crazyray47Posted 2/19/2013 3:49:13 PM
Kid Icarus was like 20$ the other day too, I bet it's still on sale
#5nintendoggerPosted 2/19/2013 3:49:52 PM
Pokemon X/Y will be a new game, I'm not sure if it is stylized like the original or not.

Some games I'd recommend:

Super Mario 3D Land, it's kind of like Mario Galaxy, and it'll keep you entertained.

Scribblenauts Unlimited: A light hearted platformer/puzzler game. Really fun!

Virtue's last Reward: The sequel to the game 999, a visual novel/escape game.

Mario Kart 7: Up to the standards of the usual mario kart games.
---
"Bruh, time to face reality, the Ravens suck." -VonMiller (January 2013) Ravens Superbowl Champions 2013!!
#6iLLsteezePosted 2/19/2013 3:50:08 PM
yes you need a memory card for game saves and downloads. your 3ds probably came with one. now you should buy fire emblem.
---
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.
#7PokeCrisPosted 2/19/2013 3:52:59 PM
iLLsteeze posted...
yes you need a memory card for game saves and downloads. your 3ds probably came with one. now you should buy fire emblem.

That's so not true, saves are stored in the game cart, DLC's are saved in the memory cards, but their size are so small that he wouldn't need to buy a new card right away.
---
#8TotalDominAsian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:58:33 PM
Thanks guys.

I don't know anything about Kid Icarus, but I guess I'll buy it and try it out. I've heard so much about Fire Emblem over the years. Is it ok to buy this latest one and jump into it? Or would I be lost in the story?
---
Close your eyes and dream... Then open your eyes and see.
#9longlivemegamanPosted 2/19/2013 3:59:38 PM
Pokemon X & Y are new games in the franchise.

I haven't played Fire Emblem Awakening yet but I'm sure it's going to be awesome. Avoid New Super Mario Bros. 2 unless you've never played any of the previous games or U already. (It's not a bad game, just waaay too easy without paying for DLC.)

Kid Icarus Uprising is also a grand choice. Enjoy your new XL.
---
Don't hope for a new GOOD Megaman game. In the end it's only going to get cancelled.
R.I.P. MML3, MMU and Rockman Online...
#10PokeCrisPosted 2/19/2013 4:02:06 PM
TotalDominAsian posted...
Thanks guys.

I don't know anything about Kid Icarus, but I guess I'll buy it and try it out. I've heard so much about Fire Emblem over the years. Is it ok to buy this latest one and jump into it? Or would I be lost in the story?

You'll be fine starting with Awakaning, it has no connection to other games story-wise, characters from past games can be recruited to you're team, but that's not story related.
---