do any of the classic gameboy games have color options? like super gameboy?

#1WinterDutchPosted 2/19/2013 5:34:22 PM
i wanted to get metroid 2, actually im about to buy it, but i was wondering if theres any secret button combos to get some color palettes going on my 3ds? i really dont want to play it in greyscale...
#2rahxephon122Posted 2/19/2013 5:37:37 PM
You can set it to green ala old GB.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#3Baha05Posted 2/19/2013 5:38:40 PM
Just the B&W or Green colors.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4WinterDutch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:42:07 PM
is green exclusive to metroid 2 or is there a button combo to enable it, like holding select and start?

cause i got donkey kong '94 and i can only play it in grey (i'm ok with this, just curious)
#5rahxephon122Posted 2/19/2013 5:42:59 PM
Should be all games.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#6Baha05Posted 2/19/2013 5:43:32 PM
WinterDutch posted...
is green exclusive to metroid 2 or is there a button combo to enable it, like holding select and start?

cause i got donkey kong '94 and i can only play it in grey (i'm ok with this, just curious)

Hold down L+R
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7jedinatPosted 2/19/2013 5:44:23 PM
What you can do is, with 3D enabled and using (not permanent!) marking pens, color in the areas in your desired colors. Then turn the 3D off and the colors will be drawn in and saturate the game's palette. Your work will be stored in memory and voila! Vibrant GB games.
#8WinterDutch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:46:35 PM
Baha05 posted...
Hold down L+R

that's better than nothing. thanks guys
#9Baha05Posted 2/19/2013 5:48:01 PM
WinterDutch posted...
Baha05 posted...
Hold down L+R

that's better than nothing. thanks guys

Yeah it sucks that there is no Super GB color pallets but it's not a huge issue since a lot of GB games look cheesy. Now GBC and above are obvious not going to have the same problems.
---
#10WinterDutch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:52:24 PM
jedinat posted...
What you can do is, with 3D enabled and using (not permanent!) marking pens, color in the areas in your desired colors. Then turn the 3D off and the colors will be drawn in and saturate the game's palette. Your work will be stored in memory and voila! Vibrant GB games.

lolwut?

select+start gb mode with 3d enabled and the green filter works for me.

reminds me of the old days