do any of the classic gameboy games have color options? like super gameboy?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. do any of the classic gameboy games have color options? like super gameboy?
3 years ago#11
That would require effort, TC.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
3 years ago#12
It would be easier if they used the Game Boy Color emulator for all Game Boy and Game Boy Color games.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
3 years ago#13
From what I understand, and I'll admit I haven't done a whole lot of investigating into the issue, is that the Super Gameboy is a bit of a pain to emulate since you have to essentially emulate an SNES running a Super Gameboy running a Gameboy game since the SNES and SGB hardware essentially played off one another and essentially also activated some specialized hardware in SGB enhanced games.

While I don't doubt that can be, and likely has been, done in the hobbyist sector, that does seem to be a lot of tripping points to code and regression test around for games that people grumble over paying more than $4 for anyway.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
3 years ago#14
Correct. SNES and Super Gameboy run simultaneously. You need both for accuracy to real hardware.

SGB had the ability to execute SNES data. That special mode of Space Invaders was a full color full screen SNES game, including even NTSC/PAL region lockout as Nintendo mandated for SNES software.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. do any of the classic gameboy games have color options? like super gameboy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived