do any of the classic gameboy games have color options? like super gameboy?

#11El_DustinoPosted 2/19/2013 5:57:11 PM
That would require effort, TC.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#12ecco6t9Posted 2/19/2013 10:51:20 PM
It would be easier if they used the Game Boy Color emulator for all Game Boy and Game Boy Color games.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#13jovewolfPosted 2/19/2013 11:58:41 PM
From what I understand, and I'll admit I haven't done a whole lot of investigating into the issue, is that the Super Gameboy is a bit of a pain to emulate since you have to essentially emulate an SNES running a Super Gameboy running a Gameboy game since the SNES and SGB hardware essentially played off one another and essentially also activated some specialized hardware in SGB enhanced games.

While I don't doubt that can be, and likely has been, done in the hobbyist sector, that does seem to be a lot of tripping points to code and regression test around for games that people grumble over paying more than $4 for anyway.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#14Lum_YatsuraPosted 2/20/2013 3:55:30 AM
Correct. SNES and Super Gameboy run simultaneously. You need both for accuracy to real hardware.

SGB had the ability to execute SNES data. That special mode of Space Invaders was a full color full screen SNES game, including even NTSC/PAL region lockout as Nintendo mandated for SNES software.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!