Kid Icarus Uprising could have been so much better if...

#1mmpepsiPosted 2/19/2013 7:47:32 PM
It allowed for dual circle pad controls. As is my hands hurt too much to play for very long.

I know people have probably said it a million times before, but I can't help saying that control scheme is really needed.
#2Starwars4JPosted 2/19/2013 8:07:15 PM
DA is too slow and inaccurate to be useful in a game like KI:U
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3legendarylemurPosted 2/19/2013 8:10:49 PM
Starwars4J posted...

This. Unless the face buttons were completely changed in functionality like turning backwards really quickly or something super complicated, a game designed like KI:U simply wouldn't match the DA capabilities. In KI:U, there are tons of instances where there are enemies in front and behind you. Many single player FPSes do a trick where more often than not, you do shooting towards a single 90 degrees angle point of view. Kid Icarus has enemies spawning both front and back, so a quick swipe turn of the touch screen controls become absolutely necessary to beat the harder difficulties especially.

Another way is to just change the enemy layout completely, but it's not worth it. Just crank up dat sensitivity on the controls and watch yourself fly
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#4emagdnEPosted 2/19/2013 8:12:04 PM
no, it would still be one of the most horrible abominations to ever exist if it did that
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#5StarmanJuniorPosted 2/19/2013 8:14:57 PM
I would pay nintendo to stop making stylus-controlled adventure games. Pay them!
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#6Baha05Posted 2/19/2013 8:15:52 PM
It would be more varied in controls but adding it wouldn't make it that much better then it already is.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:18:12 PM
legendarylemur posted...
Starwars4J posted...

This. Unless the face buttons were completely changed in functionality like turning backwards really quickly or something super complicated, a game designed like KI:U simply wouldn't match the DA capabilities. In KI:U, there are tons of instances where there are enemies in front and behind you. Many single player FPSes do a trick where more often than not, you do shooting towards a single 90 degrees angle point of view. Kid Icarus has enemies spawning both front and back, so a quick swipe turn of the touch screen controls become absolutely necessary to beat the harder difficulties especially.

Another way is to just change the enemy layout completely, but it's not worth it. Just crank up dat sensitivity on the controls and watch yourself fly

They could make the other shoulder button a 90 degree turn. Problem solved. There are other games like it that are on consoles that work just fine, I don't buy that dual analog controls wouldn't be fast enough. The only way they couldn't be is if the cursor was intentionally made to be slow.
#8KaitaNuvaPosted 2/19/2013 8:20:13 PM(edited)
Playing a FPS with DA is like typing with a touchscreen. Don't know how in the world people put up with such incompetent controls.

For the record, I don't think much of stylus controlled FPS either (though I agree it is a bit better than DA). FPS belongs to the mouse.
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#9ferofaxPosted 2/19/2013 8:18:35 PM
Or you people can just stop playing stylus-controlled games and let us people who don't mind enjoy them.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#10mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:21:46 PM
ferofax posted...
Or you people can just stop playing stylus-controlled games and let us people who don't mind enjoy them.

Just because you don't mind them doesn't mean the developers shouldn't give the option to not play with the stylus to people that prefer playing that way.