Kid Icarus Uprising could have been so much better if...

#3190sRetroGamingPosted 2/19/2013 10:15:08 PM(edited)
Dual Analog is severly needed for on-land battles. i can live with the stylus controls for in-air battles but on land?.. ugh.. what a mess! >_<.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#32Shadow-AngelPosted 2/19/2013 10:21:21 PM
I don't mind the controls for the flying sections, but what they did for the land sections is terrible. The Circle pad pro would have been better to use in the land sections, to control the camera, and actually using the buttons to fight and dodge, and stuff.
---
The power you seek lies within you.
#33mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:27:28 PM
Starwars4J posted...
mmpepsi posted...
If you don't want carpal tunnel.

I started the game tonight. Didn't use the stand at first since I thought that was overkill, but after 10 minutes I went over to my desk and used the stand.

Wow, I'm sorry dude but if you can't hold a portable gaming system for 10 minutes without needing a break...

It was just incredibly uncomfortable. You're holding it from one edge and pushing it down with your other hand because you're using the stylus.

The developers obviously knew it was an uncomfortable scheme, hence the stand it comes with. If it supported DA then I'd be holding it with both hands and it would be infinitely more comfortable.
#34OoSubaruoOPosted 2/19/2013 10:28:23 PM
mmpepsi posted...
legendarylemur posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Carbuncle009 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Or, it was simply too hard for little Sakurai's brain to comprehend he could have released a patch for people like TC and me. I would have preferred DA and mapped dash to R. The game overall could have been designed better with DA, we'd have jumping/platforming that could be added. Stylus gives better accuracy but gives up controls and game design in a 3D world

Uh... Sakurai didn't want to really patch it (would make it look like he released an unfinished game), and he also stated it was hard enough trying to adjust the CPP to even do anything.

Unless you have majored in Computer Programming, you should not be debating this.

You don't really believe that do you? He released a ****ing stand with the game. The consumer doesn't care about an "unfinished game" and hasn't since last gen. And no I haven't majored in computer science but even I can write a program to take advantage of an analog control. I'm sure his educated programmers were more than up to the task to do such a basic thing.

Was the stand required? Rather, was it even optimal?

I started the game tonight. Didn't use the stand at first since I thought that was overkill, but after 10 minutes I went over to my desk and used the stand.

You can get Carpal Tunnel from anything.
#35legendarylemurPosted 2/19/2013 10:34:19 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Starwars4J posted...
mmpepsi posted...

Wow, I'm sorry dude but if you can't hold a portable gaming system for 10 minutes without needing a break...

It was just incredibly uncomfortable. You're holding it from one edge and pushing it down with your other hand because you're using the stylus.

The developers obviously knew it was an uncomfortable scheme, hence the stand it comes with. If it supported DA then I'd be holding it with both hands and it would be infinitely more comfortable.

The developers knew Mario Kart Wii was simply unplayable without an authentic driving experience, hence the ugly wheel it came with.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#36deimos91Posted 2/19/2013 10:52:54 PM
mmpepsi posted...
It allowed for dual circle pad controls. As is my hands hurt too much to play for very long.

I know people have probably said it a million times before, but I can't help saying that control scheme is really needed.

map aim to abxy same functions
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#37mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:07:13 PM
legendarylemur posted...
mmpepsi posted...
Starwars4J posted...
mmpepsi posted...

The developers knew Mario Kart Wii was simply unplayable without an authentic driving experience, hence the ugly wheel it came with.

The wheel makes it an authentic driving experience? Huh, they should use Mario Kart for drivers ed then.
#38Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/20/2013 12:25:29 AM
Starwars4J posted...
mmpepsi posted...

How hilarious. I don't know maybe you're playing on a old 3ds but a 3ds xl is uncomfortable to play without the stand with the way you control the game.