Just got a 3DS XL, two quick questions

#1TatsuSuouPosted 2/19/2013 8:36:17 PM
1. Can the button screen still scratch the top screen with the XL console? I know this was a problem with the original 3DS.

2. Do I need to charge the console before playing or is it good to go right away?
---
Feel The Ether
http://backloggery.com/Mayadome
#2jedinatPosted 2/19/2013 8:38:04 PM
1. Not suppose to, but some exceptions are reported.

2. Go ahead and play.
#3zavlinzPosted 2/19/2013 8:38:35 PM
1. Consensus is no. If youre going to keep the system under pressure like a pocket, you might want to consider keeping a soft cloth between the screens. But its correct, they did fix the problem.
2. always good to charge a new device
#4jedinatPosted 2/19/2013 8:41:02 PM(edited)
zavlinz posted...
2. always good to charge a new device

I've generally gathered that modern batteries don't need this kind of pampering anymore (i.e. fully charge before using)... though you get mixed opinions, mostly from people used to doing things a certain way.
#5zavlinzPosted 2/19/2013 8:43:10 PM
^well, i just opened a new cell phone and the battery had no charge. Modern batteries still only hold onto a charge for so long. Anyway TC, you could just play it while its charging.... :P
#6jedinatPosted 2/19/2013 8:46:57 PM
zavlinz posted...
^well, i just opened a new cell phone and the battery had no charge.

Well yeah, you have to charge it if there's no charge, lol. I'm just referring to the practice of fully charging a thing before you use it regardless. Incidentally I've never bought a handheld that didn't have a charge upon opening.
#7KaitaNuvaPosted 2/19/2013 8:49:11 PM
I bought my 3DS XL two weeks ago and it came with absolutely 0% power. LOL
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#8jedinatPosted 2/19/2013 8:51:54 PM
Maybe I misunderstood the TC, as I'd read his post with my level of analness. I used to faithfully charge things to full capacity before using them for the first time. I suppose he was just wondering whether it would work at all when first opening the thing.
#9zavlinzPosted 2/19/2013 9:06:30 PM
^i am reminded that the 3ds manual actually recommends to charge before first use. Though I wouldnt worry about it either way... system wont explode.. and if it does nintendo owes you a new one :P
#10furygodsPosted 2/19/2013 9:06:50 PM
TatsuSuou posted...
1. Can the button screen still scratch the top screen with the XL console? I know this was a problem with the original 3DS.

2. Do I need to charge the console before playing or is it good to go right away?

1) Yes it still does, just put a piece of soft cloth in between the screens when you close it to prevent this from happening. [What I do]

or

if you are really careful, never squeeze the 3DS XL when it is closed (According to some other people) - Even slightly squeezing is a no go.

2) You could always play it while charging.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.