The game that needs a remake more then any other game...

#51vectorman5Posted 2/20/2013 2:17:08 PM
Metroid 1 warranted a remake to fix it's many design flaws.

The only reason I'd like anything other than a port of super metroid is if they added another segment where Samus took off her suit and got sneaky.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#52Mariofan15Posted 2/20/2013 2:20:52 PM(edited)
ReasonisTreason posted...
Game is already perfect. It even has customizable controls. We need a new 2D Metroid.

It's not about that, it's about giving people a chance to play a game they never played

Get it on Virtual Console. It's readily available.

how about removing the "escape the area within a certain amount of time or game over" section EVERY damn metriod game has.
if i want to do a speed run i'll do it on my own,i don't like games forcing me to do them.

It's at the very end of the game WTF

that's what makes it so bad... i'm sorry but this has always been a problem from as to why i don't like the metroid series.

And this is why your a freaking joke. That escape sequence gives you the feel of urgency,which is perfect for the end of the game. Your just complaining about it just for the sake of it. Not to mention it only happens a very few times in the series -_-.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#53SMASHKING84Posted 2/20/2013 2:58:57 PM
It happens in every metriod game. And i don't care what reason you have a time limit on a game is a bad idea. you only like it because you think it makes the game harder.

what it really does is hurt exploration,you know one of the key elements that make metriod series. All you have to do is remove the time limit and the escape sequence would be fine. you can make that sequence challenging without a timelimit.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#54n00bifierPosted 2/20/2013 7:04:47 PM
It happens in every metriod game. And i don't care what reason you have a time limit on a game is a bad idea. you only like it because you think it makes the game harder.

what it really does is hurt exploration,you know one of the key elements that make metriod series. All you have to do is remove the time limit and the escape sequence would be fine. you can make that sequence challenging without a timelimit.

I don't understand how it can "hurt exploration" when the timed escape sequence only happens at the near-start and near-end of the game, when you haven't even actually STARTED exploring the game or you've beaten the whole game already.
---
You became friends with Yosuke! Yosuke will now DIE FOR YOU.
#55NinjaKitsunePosted 2/20/2013 7:24:44 PM
d0wner posted...
..Seriously?

What exactly did you want improved in Super Metroid?

how about removing the "escape the area within a certain amount of time or game over" section EVERY damn metriod game has.
if i want to do a speed run i'll do it on my own,i don't like games forcing me to do them.

I wouldn't exactly call that a speed run, given the time they give you.

Anyways, plenty of SNES games I'd love to see. Actraiser trilogy (I've only played Soul Blazer), Super Metroid, Skyblazer (It'd make a nice 3D classic type thing, I think)...

Also, F-Zero GX. Even if that game is hair-pullingly frustrating it's still way awesome. Heck, give me a new F-Zero game with that kind of customization.
---
Coffee warmer: Place cup on Pentium, compute Pi;
get hot coffee, wrong answer!
#56ZhacariasPosted 2/20/2013 8:02:37 PM
e.t.