What brightness setting do you guys use? Does it effect 3d?

#1kenshindonoPosted 2/20/2013 12:41:30 AM
Just started using my 3ds and was wondering what brightness setting you guys use. Usually for handhelds i keep the brightness low. My vita is at about 38%, my psp was on a 2. Cant remember what my DSlite and stuff were, i think the one below the middle

However with the 3ds it almost seems like lowering the brightness really detracts from the visuals. Especially with the 3d mode turned on. Leaving it on the default 5 really gives stuff a pop and contrast, but putting it on 3 or so seems to make it look a bit dull and limit the depth of field a bit. Is it just me or does it really do that?

I'll have to mess with it later, but it just seemed weird to me. I really wanted to put it on 3 or so. Im just wondering what most of you play on
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#2jedinatPosted 2/20/2013 12:44:41 AM
I leave my XL on 4 with power save off.
#3kenshindono(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:49:58 AM
ah shoulda specified, this is the regular 3DS, not the XL. Im sure theyre different like they were with the DS lite/I/XL

Im using the fire emblem system to be specific
---
#4Ruff_PuffPosted 2/20/2013 1:41:10 AM
kenshindono posted...
ah shoulda specified, this is the regular 3DS, not the XL. Im sure theyre different like they were with the DS lite/I/XL

Im using the fire emblem system to be specific

I think they're the same. I know with the DS and DSLite the Lite had more brightness settings, but the 3DSXL is the same as the original.

I have an XL and play at 5 brightness with power saver off.
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#5kenshindono(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:27:08 AM
hmm are they? Interesting. So far seems most people use high settings. Does a lower brightness actually dimish the 3D effect?
---
#6PermlessgirlPosted 2/20/2013 4:15:51 AM
I have an XL and use 3 with power save on unless I'm outside then I use 5.
#7CressDXXPosted 2/20/2013 11:41:27 AM
i use level 2 setting on my 3DS
---
3DS FC: 4425-1804-8511
XBOX360 GT: CressDX
#8Arsene-LupinPosted 2/20/2013 12:01:45 PM
I leave my XL on 4 with power save off.

Same here. In fully lit rooms. If I'm near an open window or outside, I turn it up to five; if I'm in the dark, I turn it down to 2; but 4 is my default.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#9MetalGusREbirthPosted 2/20/2013 12:06:07 PM
5 all the way baby!
#10vervainePosted 2/20/2013 12:48:51 PM
The 3DS XL screens are pretty dark IMHO. I keep it at 5 with power saving off in fully lit room, 4 with power saving on when playing in bed with only night stand lamp on. On the other hand, it's the only handheld I have that can be played in total darkness. I'm very sensitive to bright screens in the dark (TV, laptop, mobile phone - I have to have another light source on), but 3DS barely lights up the room and I was happily playing it for hours with no ill effects, so I don't really mind. I don't think I've ever played in daylight...

The yellowish tint from power saving bothers me more than poor contrast for 1-4 brightness. I don't use 3D often, but it does look worse on lower brightness to me.