Digital game questions

#1190sRetroGamingPosted 2/20/2013 11:31:49 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...
If your 3DS breaks, you're screwed.

You can send it to Nintendo with $100 for them to repair (a process I've heard many horror stories about).
You can buy a new 3DS and send both it and your old 3DS to Nintendo for them to transfer the eShop data for you.
You can buy a new 3DS and re-purchase all of your old content on it. Yay!

Nintendo's DD is terrible. Supposedly, the new Nintendo Account System will modernize the system conisderably, but details are scarce (let alone timetables) and the limited form of it on Wii U apparently doesn't even work properly.

http://gbatemp.net/pix/271140/flameshield.jpg

A free gift for you. for those that might come in here and jump all over you on how wrong you are and spreading mis-information about Nintendo digital and their Club Nintendo "Account" that guarantees your game purchases are safe and sound if something happens. wear it well my friend.

Except everything I've said is 100% accurate. Club Nintendo accounts provide users with approximately zero percent more security for their investment. Deal with it.

You do realize i was agreeing with you right? lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#12Arsene-LupinPosted 2/20/2013 11:33:31 AM
I'm a literalist.
Deal with it.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#1390sRetroGamingPosted 2/20/2013 11:34:38 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
I'm a literalist.
Deal with it.

lol
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#14n00bsaib0tPosted 2/20/2013 11:43:30 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

You can send it to Nintendo with $100 for them to repair (a process I've heard many horror stories about).
You can buy a new 3DS and send both it and your old 3DS to Nintendo for them to transfer the eShop data for you.

Nintendo's DD is terrible. Supposedly, the new Nintendo Account System will modernize the system conisderably, but details are scarce (let alone timetables) and the limited form of it on Wii U apparently doesn't even work properly.

What the hell did you do that you had to pay for the repair? Mine was free.

And you don't have to send your 3DS in if you have a non-warranty issue and don't want to pay them. Just call customer service, they will transfer your purchases from the old serial number to the new one. Having a Club Nintendo account isn't even required, it just helps keep track of your serial number.

It's not exactly 2013 worthy stuff, but its 100x better than you're pretending it is.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#15Arsene-LupinPosted 2/20/2013 3:58:10 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

And you don't have to send your 3DS in if you have a non-warranty issue and don't want to pay them. Just call customer service, they will transfer your purchases from the old serial number to the new one. Having a Club Nintendo account isn't even required, it just helps keep track of your serial number.

It's not exactly 2013 worthy stuff, but its 100x better than you're pretending it is.

Right. I'm pretending.

I've got a broken 3DS sitting on the desk beside me as I type this.
The repair fee for Nintendo is $90 USD.
There is no fee if you just want them to transfer game content from the broken 3DS to a new one, but you have to send both devices to Nintendo.
Even if you've got a Club Nintendo account, even if you have serial numbers, you have to physically mail both consoles to Nintendo if you want your stuff back.

Unlike you...

...I'm not pulling stuff out of my ass here. These are statements of fact taken from direct conversations with Nintendo Support.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#16TinyTim123Posted 2/20/2013 5:55:28 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...

Right. I'm pretending.

There is no fee if you just want them to transfer game content from the broken 3DS to a new one, but you have to send both devices to Nintendo.
Even if you've got a Club Nintendo account, even if you have serial numbers, you have to physically mail both consoles to Nintendo if you want your stuff back.

Unlike you...

...I'm not pulling stuff out of my ass here. These are statements of fact taken from direct conversations with Nintendo Support.

If I follow you, and please correct me if I am wrong, but you'd rather buy a new and different 3DS than pay the $90 to send it to Nintendo and have them fix it. Okay, I guess. It seems like it might be less expensive to pay the $90, but maybe you found a good deal somewhere, I can understand that.
But now, you care enough about your downloaded eShop games to complain about it, but not enough to spend the $7 to ship both units to Nintendo so that they will transfer them for you?
Is that it, I am really trying to understand this, so if I am making some sort of error in assessing this situation, let's discuss it rationally/
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#17legendarylemurPosted 2/20/2013 6:16:38 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure the general fix fee is $80, but perhaps it's different for 3DS XL. I believe they make sure everything is intact. I remember during the ambassador days, they would make sure you retained that status, too.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#18n00bsaib0tPosted 2/21/2013 11:06:25 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...

Right. I'm pretending.

Unlike you...

You screwed something up then, because what you're saying doesn't line up with what others have done. I know you screwed something up because you wouldn't answer my question about what you did that caused your repair to not be covered by warranty.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile