Got Questions! Any DS must own games? Your thoughts on screen protectors?

#1TotalDominAsianPosted 2/20/2013 6:46:28 PM
I wanted to ask here instead of the DS forums to help get a more "open" view. Are there any DS games that are considered must plays over 3DS games? I imagine I'll have my hands full for quite a long time with all the 3DS games I ordered, but just curious if there are DS games I should also experience. (I did order 999!)

Another question I had... I'll probably get that Nintendo Elite case to haul my 3DS around on long trips, but what are your thoughts on screen protectors? I've never even bothered to put them on my iPhones, but are they necessary here for the 3DS? (No idea on how scratch resistant they are)
---
Close your eyes and dream... Then open your eyes and see.
#2jedinatPosted 2/20/2013 8:12:44 PM
Dragon Quest IX is probably a must-play DS game...

I don't use screen protectors on my DS systems. In order to prevent scratches you need to wipe it free of dust before playing a stylus-heavy game... every time. What ends up scratching the screen, if you aren't just a violent 8 year old, is dust getting caught between the stylus and screen and being dragged across it.
#3Number_0nePosted 2/20/2013 8:21:05 PM
The World Ends With You is a must own, although I'm not sure how easy it'll be to find.
---
Official Team Miror Admin with a dancing Muk!
#4JohnnyTHM1212Posted 2/20/2013 8:30:29 PM
Number_0ne posted...
The World Ends With You is a must own, although I'm not sure how easy it'll be to find.

$20 new on Amazon...
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#5DQAbelPosted 2/20/2013 9:45:20 PM
dragon quest 4 5 6 9 monsters joker 2
final fantasy 4
twewy
dragon quest 9 did i say that already?

awesome system for rpgs
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.
#6RealTidesPosted 2/20/2013 10:04:06 PM
Number_0ne posted...

yea...this game is a must play

but on the ds, this game RUINED my screen protector
im not sure how different the 3ds screen is from the DS but if its the same
you better get a screen protector...
#7Super_ChelseaPosted 2/20/2013 10:32:11 PM
Get a screen protector.

I've had really good experiences with the HORI brand.
---
Now Playing: Pushmo
#8danny5329Posted 2/20/2013 10:32:53 PM
You dont really need a screen protector if you know how to take care of your 3DS. Make sure you clean the screen everytime before playing Stylus heavy games.

Screen protectors are kinda gimmicky cuz they scratches easily and that makes you think " oh no, this is gonna happen to my 3DS screen if i didn't actually put an SP on. "

But the 3DS screens actually have high scratch resistance. So SP is not a must IMO.

I've had my 3DS XL for months and not a single scratch on it even after heavy Theatrhythm Final Fantasy sessions.