If you are no longer a Pokemon fan...

#21LionHeartSJTPosted 2/21/2013 12:51:09 AM
Im always going to be a fan, for 2 reason

1. Pikachu my fave Pokemon, because
2. I kick butt with Pikachu on smash bros

The only thing is i haven't and WONT play the latest one
it just feels the same.

I have "My squad" which only really slightly changes depending on the Gen.
But the teams is mainly first gen pokemon......

There is only one thing i want....maybe 2
1. Make a decent 3D game, maybe where you take control of the pokemon during combat....that would be amazing

2. I miss Staduim, i loved the fact that in that game it triued to teach you different ways of playing.... like being able to litterally KO any pokemon that uses dig by doing earthquake..made me laugh XD
#22oORyuumaruOoPosted 2/21/2013 1:01:10 AM
Kurizaka posted...
Honestly, I kind of lost interest in Pokemon with Black(haven't finished it yet). Pokemon X/Y has my attention though!

Same case but I quit with White.
---
Kojima Productions must reboot Tenchu!
http://rycas.deviantart.com/
#23MizunoRyuuPosted 2/21/2013 1:25:10 AM
Gen V is the first generation I actually disliked. IV was the pinnacle and I think they took a wrong turn somewhere when creating Gen V. Though, that could be due to the fact that I emulate the games and I can't play White very well because it's a bit too intensive for my laptop to handle.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#24iGenesisPosted 2/21/2013 1:40:46 AM
When did you stop being a fan and why?

For me, my interest dropped after gen IV. I bought Black and sold it later only to buy it again much later. Still haven't completed it. To me, there just started to be too many Pokemon, and the games got really long and complicated.

It is always the same stupid, rehashed, regurgitated, milked game. Game Freak doesn't put much effort into them and it shows. Any version you purchase is immediately obsoleted by another Director's Cut or "new gen" 12-18 months later. Why the f*** any sane person on earth is still loyal to this franchise is completely beyond me.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#25AllstarJasonPosted 2/21/2013 2:25:34 AM
I'm still a fan and will probably have to buy a 3DS at some point just to play the Gen 6 games.
---
~Vancouver Canucks~
#26pikachupwnagePosted 2/21/2013 3:38:52 AM
Have been since yellow version and never will stop being a fan.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#27Pharsti01Posted 2/21/2013 4:28:15 AM
Dont know if id ever call myself a fan.

The only pokemon game i played from start to finish, and i did enjoy it a lot was Pokemon Yellow on the gameboy >_>

You see, all the other pokemon games are essentially the same game, over and over again, with no proper story, character development or significant changes in design or gameplay or its mechanics.

Im fine with the gameplay, design and mechanics not changing, i love them, and id rather more jrpgs did simple turn based battle systems than try to reinvent the wheel.... but... its not enough to hold my attention, i like my games to have more substance as far as a storyline and character development goes... Pokemon doesnt do that so.... its completely off my radar.... its been off my radar for a long, long time XD
#28ADHDguitarPosted 2/21/2013 4:31:46 AM
I will be a fan until I die.

The only thing that would change that if they completely sold out and made it an action game.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#29iGenesisPosted 2/23/2013 2:55:40 AM
You see, all the other pokemon games are essentially the same game, over and over again, with no proper story, character development or significant changes in design or gameplay or its mechanics.

Im fine with the gameplay, design and mechanics not changing, i love them, and id rather more jrpgs did simple turn based battle systems than try to reinvent the wheel.... but... its not enough to hold my attention, i like my games to have more substance as far as a storyline and character development goes... Pokemon doesnt do that so.... its completely off my radar.... its been off my radar for a long, long time XD

Indeed.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#30MetroidLink57Posted 2/23/2013 11:26:03 AM
i gave up after gen 4. gen 5 looks ridiculous. I tried playing through Black but i didn't make it past the 2nd badge. In my eyes, the 4th gen is the pinnacle of the series. Wifi battles, touch controls and much more. Not to mention Gen 2 remakes. I don't think ill ive X&Y a try.
---
WORK HARDER Millions on welfare are depending on YOU!