If you are no longer a Pokemon fan...

#51StrawbearryMilkPosted 2/24/2013 10:41:22 AM
IV. I had a lot of fun with Diamond, but sometime after beating it I found myself really bored and couldn't play it anymore. I fell for the hype with HGSS and picked up SS. I had fun for one day, and was just bored after that. It's mostly because of how similar the gameplay is, and a lot of the new Pokemon just don't interest me.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/smapizard
http://i.imgur.com/34WZF.gif
#52GenoPosted 2/24/2013 10:53:47 AM
RealTides posted...
i gave up after red/blue
gold/silver didnt seem to add much and...it was just like red/blue all over again.........
i played a little of one of the pokemon on the DS ( the first one i think) and while it was more complicated...it didnt really feel like a new game...

Gold/Silver added a ton of things that would later go on to be staples in the series, not to mention finally balanced out Psychic-types. It's a lot of the reason why it's people's favorite generation.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#53LinkMaster2703Posted 2/24/2013 11:01:11 AM
Geno posted...
RealTides posted...
i gave up after red/blue
gold/silver didnt seem to add much and...it was just like red/blue all over again.........
i played a little of one of the pokemon on the DS ( the first one i think) and while it was more complicated...it didnt really feel like a new game...

Gold/Silver added a ton of things that would later go on to be staples in the series, not to mention finally balanced out Psychic-types. It's a lot of the reason why it's people's favorite generation.

I'm not saying there aren't legitimate complaints with every Pokemon game, but saying G/S didn't add much is absurd.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#54MrKunioPosted 2/24/2013 11:18:05 AM
Pokemon red was one of the first games I bought with my own money, and I played it all the way until the end.

I didnt play another pokemon until Soul Silver and enjoyed it very much although I didn't finish.

I also play Rumble Blast which i think is a really cool and fun game.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#55adonfrazPosted 2/24/2013 12:20:36 PM
Couldn't get into Gen V, I'm still a fan and I love Soul Silver.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#56Panic_at_discoPosted 2/24/2013 2:13:40 PM
Black White thats where my interest stopped. Bah is it just me or does the new game for 3Ds looks the same as those before it. Red Blue Yellow Will always be in My heart <3
#57JP_SartrePosted 2/24/2013 2:31:25 PM
As one of the few turn based series left on earth, I'm still a fan until they make Pokemon a first or third person action RPG, like nearly everything else today.

Pokemon is still Pokemon and that is good.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#58I_R_WINNERPosted 2/24/2013 2:32:41 PM
I used to watch Pokemon when I was little and my dad used to buy me Pokemon cards. I had a decent amount of cards (but never really knew how to play) and liked the show. Then we got DirecTV and I think we lost the channel that played Pokemon. Then one day I either gave them away or threw them out, I can't remember. I think it was because my older siblings said they were lame or something lol. I still regret getting rid of them as it would be cool to look back and reminisce on my ancient Pokemon cards.

As for the games, the only one I've really played a bit of is Pokemon Stadium at Walmart but I am considering trying to get into the series with Pokemon X/Y if I have the time. They seem like the type of games that every time one comes out you invest tons of time into.
---
Best tomahawk video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-VjIlADpo
#59JP_SartrePosted 2/24/2013 2:38:17 PM
I_R_WINNER posted...
I used to watch Pokemon when I was little and my dad used to buy me Pokemon cards. I had a decent amount of cards (but never really knew how to play) and liked the show. Then we got DirecTV and I think we lost the channel that played Pokemon. Then one day I either gave them away or threw them out, I can't remember. I think it was because my older siblings said they were lame or something lol. I still regret getting rid of them as it would be cool to look back and reminisce on my ancient Pokemon cards.

As for the games, the only one I've really played a bit of is Pokemon Stadium at Walmart but I am considering trying to get into the series with Pokemon X/Y if I have the time. They seem like the type of games that every time one comes out you invest tons of time into.

Well, they are basically RPG games, which is synonymous with "time sink".
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#60HandsomeNerd85Posted 2/24/2013 2:49:15 PM
Lost the flame at Gold. Got it back when I went to Japan and there was some kind of event with kids exchanging Pokemons. I talked to them and they were so happy. Made me remember my childhood and I though to myself ''why not trying the series again'' . Got back to it and had a lot of fun. Black 2 made me realized how much the series still have potential.