Playing between 2 3DS

#1GenjiGilgameshPosted 2/20/2013 11:27:56 PM
I have an XL and an FE 3DS. Right now I'm using the XL, however my brother also plays with it. I don't mind that he uses the XL, since I have another. What I want to know is whether or not DLC is attached to the 3DS it is purchased on. I know games that I might buy digitally is stuck to the 3DS it is bought on, but what if I got DLC for FE:A on the XL and want to switch to the FE 3DS? Will the DLC stick to the SD card, allowing me to play on a different 3DS by switching the card?
---
*shrugs*
#2gofghxgPosted 2/21/2013 4:00:50 AM
The DLC is on the SD card currently in the 3DS BUT it will only work from that SD card in the 3DS it's bought in.
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.
#3GenkiPosted 2/21/2013 4:42:14 AM
gofghxg posted...
The DLC is on the SD card currently in the 3DS BUT it will only work from that SD card in the 3DS it's bought in.

A bit confusing. All DLC are tied to the system's serial number so just swapping the SD card will not work. You would need to do a system transfer to move all DLC from one to another. However it is ALL games, not a choice of 1 or 2 games and there's a few days wait before you can transfer back.

IMO don't bother if you're going to keep swapping both 3DS.

PS you aren't limited to the SD card that comes with your 3DS. You can just swap to a higher capacity card. I have 16GB in my 3DS XL so I have room for many future DLC.
---
3DS friend code 1762-2819-7829
#4GenjiGilgamesh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 3:16:00 PM
I see. So I'm pretty much stuck playing on one 3DS with no convenient way to swap back and forth? Well that sucks. Nintendo is really behind the times when it comes to digital downloads. As another question, suppose I have a DLC character on FE:A. If I play the game on another 3DS will the character just disappear? Will they reappear when switching back?
---
*shrugs*
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 2/21/2013 3:20:01 PM
Genki posted...
gofghxg posted...

A bit confusing. All DLC are tied to the system's serial number so just swapping the SD card will not work. You would need to do a system transfer to move all DLC from one to another. However it is ALL games, not a choice of 1 or 2 games and there's a few days wait before you can transfer back.

IMO don't bother if you're going to keep swapping both 3DS.

PS you aren't limited to the SD card that comes with your 3DS. You can just swap to a higher capacity card. I have 16GB in my 3DS XL so I have room for many future DLC.

I thought the DLC was tied to the SD card.