Castlevania demo out now for EU along with Monster Hunter Ultimate

#1Neo1661Posted 2/21/2013 9:13:41 AM(edited)
I've played 5 minutes of Castlevania so far and it's kicking my arse. The graphics are very impressive but that comes at a cost - dodgy framerate and your character looks quite jaggy from a distance.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#2Nergy15Posted 2/21/2013 9:50:01 AM
I'll agree with that but the combat was still pretty good, It felt more like old school castlevania than any of the open-castle games. Plus I think they said they would delay it to improve on the frame rate, we'll see.

Monster Hunter is as tight as ever. That on-screen d-pad plus the monster-centering feature (press the monster's icon on the touch screen, then tap L every time you need to center the camera on the monster) is a million times better than any claw could provide. At least for me, some of my fellow hunter friends are very stuck in there ways. I also noticed the frame rate was much higher than I've seen any MH game (I can't speak for Tri or MH3rdP HD). Monsters do actually seem to behave differently, Lagombi focused on a lot more ranged moves than he did in other games.

Very glad I pre-ordered a couple of copies of the game, it's gonna be so fun come march.
---
PSN: Nergoo 3DS: 2122-5921-7696
#3Neo1661(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:58:15 AM
I enjoyed the combat but would've enjoyed it a of a lot more if the framerate was better. The only Castlevania game I've played was Dawn of Sorrow which I loved!

Tried Monster Hunter but it was sooooooooooo sloooowwwww! Your character moves at the pace of bloody snail!
---
#4AncientRomeBCPosted 2/21/2013 9:59:19 AM
Delay it again? They better not lol its due here March 5th
---
3DS XL - 2423 2409 6597
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar
#5HurricaneManningPosted 2/21/2013 10:11:37 AM
i bet we'll get the demo next thursday
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#6TAoRPosted 2/21/2013 10:12:19 AM
Neo1661 posted...
I enjoyed the combat but would've enjoyed it a of a lot more if the framerate was better. The only Castlevania game I've played was Dawn of Sorrow which I loved!

Tried Monster Hunter but it was sooooooooooo sloooowwwww! Your character moves at the pace of bloody snail!

You can run ya know.
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#7Neo1661(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:14:00 AM
Neo1661 posted...

You can run ya know.

I know but still slow as hell.
---
#8nazacuckooPosted 2/21/2013 10:29:16 AM
Castlevania's framerate was fine for me, but I guess I didn't have the 3D on.
Anyways, I was very impressed with the demo, day 1 buy for me, I think.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
#9deimos91Posted 2/21/2013 10:33:27 AM
Nergy15 posted...
I'll agree with that but the combat was still pretty good, It felt more like old school castlevania than any of the open-castle games. Plus I think they said they would delay it to improve on the frame rate, we'll see.

Monster Hunter is as tight as ever. That on-screen d-pad plus the monster-centering feature (press the monster's icon on the touch screen, then tap L every time you need to center the camera on the monster) is a million times better than any claw could provide. At least for me, some of my fellow hunter friends are very stuck in there ways. I also noticed the frame rate was much higher than I've seen any MH game (I can't speak for Tri or MH3rdP HD). Monsters do actually seem to behave differently, Lagombi focused on a lot more ranged moves than he did in other games.

Very glad I pre-ordered a couple of copies of the game, it's gonna be so fun come march.

It is the e3 build the one they did not feel confident releaseing as the final product so take that for what you will
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#10Nergy15Posted 2/21/2013 10:36:19 AM
Neo1661 posted...
Neo1661 posted...

You can run ya know.

I know but still slow as hell.

I assume you held down the R button to Run. If that's too slow, then MH isn't for you. You run as fast a person can. It's part of the challenge.
---
PSN: Nergoo 3DS: 2122-5921-7696