controls are pretty clunky
moving underwater is hard to control
gunbow controls are crap
i just end up spamming attack button
arena style mapping with loading screens

guess i'll buy Castlevania lords of shadow mirror of fate
---
3DS Friend Code: 2294-3549-5852
Accounts: Twitter ilikepie641 / Deviantart ilikepie641 / Youtube ilikepieism / Skype iateilikepie641 / Facebook Novotic Cosmos
#2ilikepie641(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:21:31 AM
your opinions?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2294-3549-5852
Accounts: Twitter ilikepie641 / Deviantart ilikepie641 / Youtube ilikepieism / Skype iateilikepie641 / Facebook Novotic Cosmos
#3kalvadorPosted 2/21/2013 11:24:20 AM
I was disppointed too, it was my first try of the serie. The camera was bad, too much loading times and I didn't enjoy the battles...

I guess I'll pass...
#4chocolatethund4Posted 2/21/2013 11:24:52 AM
I had the same feelings, but after going on the game's board a lot of people were saying theres more to it than just that, and they made it sound like that demo was just the bare bones.

If I were you I wouldn't give up to quickly on the game, from the sounds of it you have to give it some time to grow on you.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699
#5DartkunPosted 2/21/2013 11:27:01 AM
IF YOU ARE GIVING YOUR OPINION. PLEASE STATE WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS YOUR FIRST MONSTER HUNTER GAME.

Monster Hunter is a weird series, it takes a LONG time for you to get accustomed to it.

I still haven't played the demo (still downloading) but this sounds like the same complaints people had about Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#6GloryChaosPosted 2/21/2013 11:27:49 AM
Guess it's time to buy a Circle Pad Pro...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#7ChicagoTed_Posted 2/21/2013 11:28:49 AM
If you base your opinions on the demo, you'll be missing out on an amazing experience.

The game might not be for you, that much has to at least be considered, but you should know that this game's strengths lie with tons of practice and discipline. It doesn't get great (and I mean great) until you really learn it, and start fighting monsters who will give you the feeling of a real hunt.

You have to give this one time, but unfortunately, there's no way the demo could possibly communicate that. The series requires a risk (almost entirely a blind purchase), but it's absolutely worth it.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#8ChunkyMonkeyLOLPosted 2/21/2013 11:29:15 AM
The learning curve of MH is a straight wall, it's generally a series that's too hard for most modern gamers.
---
I wish I had my own Succubus...
The flatter the chest, the closer I am to her heart
#9Nergy15Posted 2/21/2013 11:34:36 AM(edited)
I really would advise looking up some of this stuff. Spamming the attack button on any weapon won't work, they're built on combos and knowing when to hit the enemy or get out of the way. Don't run into the game expecting to win just because you can hit a button.

The game series has a lot of information online, I suggest looking up Monster Hunter weapon guides on youtube.

I can kind of tell this is your first MH experience and I understand why it might seem clunky and unwieldy. This isn't a design fault, but constraints to add challenge to the game by making you think strategically about every encounter and how to counter the attacks monsters throw at you.

If you look up some information and tips online, replay the game and still don't feel it. That's fine, it isn't for everyone.

When I first played the game with the MHFU demo on the PSP (which was a million times more difficult than this demo) I REALLY didn't like it. But after being guided through the ACTUAL game with a friend and some helpful guides, I got really into the series.
---
PSN: Nergoo 3DS: 2122-5921-7696
#10Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/21/2013 11:32:00 AM
I wish the demo supported CCP - I have a feeling the camera is probably a 1000 times better with it - that was really my only problem with the demo.