MH:3U Demo dissapointed me

#11IcewitchPosted 2/21/2013 12:32:08 PM
I played it and loved it. Even got 3 Hammer KOs in on underwater Plessy which was not an easy feat! I can't really adequately explain it, basically the game is alarmingly complex and has a steep learning curve and requires the utmost of patience, but is superbly rewarding

(not new to MH btw)
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U, demo coming February 21
#12TeepotPosted 2/21/2013 12:32:09 PM
That's monster hunter for ya. I'd skip this one and just go for the wii u version if you have it. multiplayer is a pretty big part of the game and without any online mode the 3ds version is pretty gimped.

I was pretty similar when I first played monster hunter freedom on the psp. Couldn't get into it my first time. It wasn't until sony released adhoc party for the ps3 and I tried it again with freedom unite that I really got into the game.

camera is pretty bad, too. i could probably live with that digital dpad for the camera if there weren't any underwater sections but man, i couldn't get used to it at all when i was fighting the plesioth.
---
Bad biscuits make the baker broke, bro.
#13GigantLuffyPosted 2/21/2013 12:35:16 PM
Monster Hunter and AceAttorrney are the only good things to come out of Crapcom's ass in recent years.

MonsterHunter takes time to get used to on a handheld. I remember playing the first Freedom on the PSP. It took time to get used to.
---
http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=928 - Eat a sack of **** IGN | UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#14Nergy15Posted 2/21/2013 12:38:22 PM
Teepot posted...
That's monster hunter for ya. I'd skip this one and just go for the wii u version if you have it. multiplayer is a pretty big part of the game and without any online mode the 3ds version is pretty gimped.

I was pretty similar when I first played monster hunter freedom on the psp. Couldn't get into it my first time. It wasn't until sony released adhoc party for the ps3 and I tried it again with freedom unite that I really got into the game.

camera is pretty bad, too. i could probably live with that digital dpad for the camera if there weren't any underwater sections but man, i couldn't get used to it at all when i was fighting the plesioth.

Use the Centering feature for plesioth underwater, makes it a bit easier. You basically swim right toward him instead of wrestling with the camera. Some people seem to have missed that feature, just press the monster's icon on the touch screen, it should put a crosshair over the icon, then just tap L every time you need to center on plesioth. It makes underwater combat much easier.
---
PSN: Nergoo 3DS: 2122-5921-7696
#15ilikepie641(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 12:39:00 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Guess it's time to buy a Circle Pad Pro...

CPP release for the XL in US yet?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2294-3549-5852
Accounts: Twitter ilikepie641 / Deviantart ilikepie641 / Youtube ilikepieism / Skype iateilikepie641 / Facebook Novotic Cosmos
#16Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/21/2013 12:41:33 PM
Does the demo support the CPP? It flashed something about it briefly upon start up but I couldn't read it.

If so, I'll have to try that. I played the Wii U one and I played it better than the 3DS one.

Also, the camera isn't that bad and you can use L to center the camera. Think OoT style. And if you hit the icon on the touch screen to stay locked on the enemy you're hunting, if you tap L, it'll auto face you to the enemy.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Pink/Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT
#17KittyPuppyPosted 2/21/2013 12:50:37 PM
I enjoyed the controls just fine and coming off over 1000 hours on the PSP MH games found it to be a natural upgrade. The load times felt downright instant compared to playing on PSP as well.But I felt disappointed by lack of co op and just how fuzzy the visuals look. I really hope the full game looks better than this. It looks way worse than MHFU on a 3000 or Vita.
#18ilikepie641(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 1:14:06 PM
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
Does the demo support the CPP? It flashed something about it briefly upon start up but I couldn't read it.

If so, I'll have to try that. I played the Wii U one and I played it better than the 3DS one.

Also, the camera isn't that bad and you can use L to center the camera. Think OoT style. And if you hit the icon on the touch screen to stay locked on the enemy you're hunting, if you tap L, it'll auto face you to the enemy.

aware of that
---
3DS Friend Code: 2294-3549-5852
Accounts: Twitter ilikepie641 / Deviantart ilikepie641 / Youtube ilikepieism / Skype iateilikepie641 / Facebook Novotic Cosmos
#19PuddingchanPosted 2/21/2013 1:14:45 PM
I love the graphics and how it reminds me of MMOs but I have to give this game a miss. Probably because I am more of a casual gamer.
#20BulbopwnPosted 2/21/2013 1:35:03 PM
You don't need to be a hardcore gamer to enjoy the forging and weapon upgrade system (which is the best one I've ever experienced). I suck at games and love the MH series, although admittedly it took e a few hours to really fall in love. You shouldn't let the demo deter you, it's not even 1% of the fun of the games