MH:3U Demo dissapointed me

#81KittyPuppyPosted 2/22/2013 7:13:40 AM
Listening to this elitist circle jerk is worse than all the "casuals" crying over the demo. Use your brains here. It was Capcom's job to make Monster Hunter appealing to a new audience and instead of something like Etrian Odyssey 4s comprehensive demo they gave the most empty demo possible that doesnt even convey what is good about MH. It even starts by misleading people into think that CPP isn't usable. Just starting an actual new game in MH does provide "the basics" that Capcom should have assumed a new audience would have wanted. IT'S A LAZY DEMO.
#82RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/22/2013 7:35:31 AM
I played the Wii U demo and loved it. The only other game in the series I played was Tri, and I only played it for about 4 hours to see if I'd be interested in grabbing Ultimate.

The controls aren't the best, but I still managed to take down the "novice" monster with 8/12 weapon types. Only failures were both guns, bow, and greatsword. I was also surprised at how little I died considering I had pretty much no idea what I was doing at first.

I imagine the ranged weapons are far easier to use when you have 3 human allies to distract the monster for you though.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#83deimos91Posted 2/22/2013 7:58:02 AM
RobotPirteGhost posted...
I played the Wii U demo and loved it. The only other game in the series I played was Tri, and I only played it for about 4 hours to see if I'd be interested in grabbing Ultimate.

The controls aren't the best, but I still managed to take down the "novice" monster with 8/12 weapon types. Only failures were both guns, bow, and greatsword. I was also surprised at how little I died considering I had pretty much no idea what I was doing at first.

I imagine the ranged weapons are far easier to use when you have 3 human allies to distract the monster for you though.

odd enough i only got him with the great sword ran out of time with long/dual swords
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#84normsPosted 2/22/2013 8:02:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#85Ambassador_KongPosted 2/22/2013 8:16:47 AM
Waaaah!

This game doesn't have auto aim and lock-on. It's too hard.

Monster Hunter separates the men from the boys, really fast.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#86OmegaBladesPosted 2/22/2013 9:30:00 AM
I don't fully understand the complaints on camera control. You tap L and the camera quickly views what is ahead of you. Just tap L when you move your character to the left or right, its not like your left finger has anything else important to do.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#87OoSubaruoOPosted 2/22/2013 9:33:29 AM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
Waaaah!

This game doesn't have auto aim and lock-on. It's too hard.

Monster Hunter separates the men from the boys, really fast.

Cool, so now video games decide, whether you're either a man or a boy now.
#88CompassPosted 2/22/2013 9:37:33 AM
I skimmed this thread and see heaps of damage control from the typical outraged MH fanboys. In other words, nothing surprising.

Bottom line, though? The games simply aren't any good.
#89TheGreatUnownPosted 2/22/2013 2:53:31 PM
Nightshade Zero posted...
Tch. Look at this. You people are the reason they introduced casual mode in the new Fire Emblem, because nobody wanted to be punished for not taking a strategic approach. You people are the reason they implemented that broken Lite Mode feature into Street Fighter 3D, because nobody wanted to learn how to perform basic inputs.

If you play a game like this and expect to be cutting down everything in your path within first fifteen minutes, then I encourage that feeling of frustration you have. Listen to that instinct that's telling you it's too much effort. By all means, play something else, and stay away from my Monster Hunter before you soil yet another series I love.

http://tinyurl.com/a4bh9mz
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#90GloryChaosPosted 2/22/2013 3:32:26 PM
Whatever happened to the easy to learn, hard to master ideal?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666