Multi Region Local Multiplayer

#1foxizardPosted 2/21/2013 12:42:33 PM
So, In a about 2 and half weeks I'm going to be visiting a friend in another country who has a different region 3DS than mine.

I was wondering if were possible to Local Multiplayer despite our 3DS' being a different region, provided we both have the same game.

I've Googled my query, but I all the answers I'm finding are about 50% YES's & 50% NO's

I also tried searching the query "Multiplayer" on the boards here, but in 14 pages of results, I didn't see anything to do with my question.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Professor Layton to Kiseki no Kamen PLUS (3DS), Digimon Adventure (PSP),
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2944-2414
#2Cloudzer00Posted 2/21/2013 1:00:16 PM(edited)
Depends on the game you want to play
Local multiplayer does not work for MK7 but works for Kid Icarus Uprising
#3Cloudzer00Posted 2/21/2013 12:59:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4foxizard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 1:00:40 PM
Cloudzer00 posted...
Local multiplayer does not work with MK7 but works for Kid Icarus Uprising for example

That's sounds somewhat messed-up. Hmmm.

Well, I'm thinking NSMB2 and the LoZ: Four Swords (DSiWare). Those are the ones I know for sure we want to do.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Professor Layton to Kiseki no Kamen PLUS (3DS), Digimon Adventure (PSP),
#5Cloudzer00Posted 2/21/2013 1:01:27 PM
foxizard posted...
Cloudzer00 posted...
Local multiplayer does not work with MK7 but works for Kid Icarus Uprising for example

Well, I'm thinking NSMB2 and the LoZ: Four Swords (DSiWare). Those are the ones I know for sure we want to do.

NSMB2 works , only the street pass feature is region locked.
#6foxizard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 1:03:40 PM
Cloudzer00 posted...
foxizard posted...
Cloudzer00 posted...

NSMB2 works , only the street pass feature is region locked.

Thanks for that heads-up. Sounds though like it's more upto trial and error then. Glad to know at least one of the games will we want to play will work.
---