Damn, Hori makes good screen protectors.

#1_Candice_Posted 2/21/2013 2:45:27 PM
Theres almost no way to **** up on applying it. And it looks pretty slick.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#2jedinatPosted 2/21/2013 2:50:58 PM
_Candice_ posted...
Theres almost no way to **** up on applying it.

Joke topic.
#3TheGamingGolferPosted 2/21/2013 2:51:46 PM
jedinat posted...
_Candice_ posted...
Theres almost no way to **** up on applying it.

Joke topic.

---
Reggie for Super Smash Bros. 4!!
#4_Candice_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:55:02 PM
Please tell me youre trolling. I have not a single spec of dust or air bubble.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#5zaingasmPosted 2/21/2013 2:56:07 PM
Jokes aside form applying them, are they really that good?

If they ever end up giving us the Pikachu XL, I will happily buy some Hori screen protectors for it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon X Boards
#6vervainePosted 2/21/2013 3:09:56 PM
I spent half an hour trying to align everything. The bottom layer kept gluing itself to paper stickers when I was peeling it off. Eventually I ditched the manual and did it my way.

I have only minor air bubbles on the edges (more of ragged edges than "bubbles"), the center is crystal clear. When turned off, usually it's impossible to tell the console has screen protectors (a total of three friends were playing on my 3DS, no one noticed). With the console powered on, they're perfectly transparent IMHO. The stylus feels a bit different than on bare touchscreen, but you get used to it very quickly.
#7_Candice_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 3:25:23 PM
I went with these instructions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeXhiXCMUE

And got this:

http://i.imgur.com/oIPrdHp.jpg
---
#8JumpmandkPosted 2/21/2013 3:31:45 PM
Hori's screen protectors are pretty "fool" proof, but there's a fool born every minute right? LOL

Almost all screen protectors now offer the fool proof system that Hori does, but you may still misalign it, or get dust underneath if your not careful.

I've been doing wet and dry installs for years now, so I'm pretty good at it, but for someone who doesn't do it on a regular basis, I'm sure mistakes can still happen, even with Hori's system.

Hori is just about the best dry install protectors money can buy though, and I recommend them to anyone looking for extra added protection for your gaming device..
#9Termin8rPosted 2/21/2013 7:19:45 PM
I can attest that as long as you have an environment that's dust-free and you have patience and caution, you should be able to get a clean installation with the Hori protectors. I messed up a little bit with the bottom screen of my XL though, but with a bit of masking tape, I took out the specs of... whatever those white dots are and now you don't even notice it anymore.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/2yxi5h5.gif