This is all we get after 3 years, Zelda Oracle games on virtual download?

#51SMASHKING84Posted 2/21/2013 6:21:45 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
ROFLMONSTER_azn posted...
I'm pretty sure the guys saying that OOT is being emulated on the 3ds don't know a lick about emulation.

They recoded OOT to run on the 3ds.

Theres a difference between recoding and emulation.

To say that the 3ds pushes about 800mhz in processing speed would be a stretch.

If an android running a tegra 3 can just barely "emulate" (in the proper sense of the word) LoZ OOT

Then what chances does the 3ds stand of emulating it?

So, I guess the Wii can "barely" emulate OoT as well, since it's weaker than an Android.

did you read my points about architecture?
why do you think you can download digital copies of ps3 games on a ps3 but not on a pc?
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#52Mariofan15Posted 2/21/2013 6:22:39 PM
ROFLMONSTER_azn posted...
Mariofan15 posted...

And here he goes again.

I'm pretty sure he has a point

Also I'm pretty sure you're wrong about VC emulation

again i'm not gonna claim i'm an expert in anything but i do know that emulation isn't LITERALLY as simple as copy pasting files from one system to another. mario fan 15 thinks that's how it works,it doesn't.

You have to recode the system to get the os to work outside of the system itself for one.
why does he think square remade the classic ff games back on ps1 it wasn't because of copy right issues,it wasn't just because they felt like making more money,it was ALSO because they couldn't port the originals as they were on ps1.

Where did I say that's how it works? Oh,wait. Nowhere because I never said that. As always,pulling assumptions out of nowhere.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135
#53SMASHKING84Posted 2/21/2013 6:24:40 PM
you implied by saying you think 3ds could emulate n64 that's not possible UNLESS emulation was literally copy paste.
---
Master of deceit.
#54Twilightwolf444Posted 2/21/2013 6:36:58 PM
Pffff, I happy that we get the Oracle games. I haven't got to played them yet because I never had a GameBoy Color when I was younger.

I just hope they come soon to NoA. :)
---
US Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS FC: 5198-2493-9347
I Am Female, American, and a Hardcore Gamer ;)
#55Mariofan15Posted 2/21/2013 6:37:46 PM
you implied by saying you think 3ds could emulate n64 that's not possible UNLESS emulation was literally copy paste.

I didnt imply a damn thing. So again,pulling assumptions out of nowhere.
---
#56SMASHKING84Posted 2/21/2013 6:38:21 PM
Twilightwolf444 posted...
Pffff, I happy that we get the Oracle games. I haven't got to played them yet because I never had a GameBoy Color when I was younger.

knowing noa we'll be lucky to get them before the end of the year :(
---
Master of deceit.
#57Mariofan15Posted 2/21/2013 6:40:58 PM

Dont expect them until later this year/early next year. They are really horrible at giving us these games when other countries allready got them months before.
---
#58scorpion_glitchPosted 2/21/2013 6:45:58 PM
The xbox 360 does not EMULATE original xbox games, (as the PS3 does not EMULATE PS1 & PS2 games). The xbox 360 INTERPRETS the binary, read machine language, of the original game and translates the addresses and instructions in the machine code that was intended for the original xbox architecture, to run on the xbox 360 architecture. The task of INTERPRETING, as appose to EMULATING, is much less resource intensive on the processor. This is akin to running 32 bit applications on a 64 Windows operating system.

Emulating is the act of creating a new processor in memory that runs the machine code through itself then through the real processor, which is one reason it is really slow; and why it is impossible to EMULATE n64 games on the 3ds.

Recompiling is the fastest to run, but takes the longest to release. This is how OOT was released for the 3DS, and explains why OOT is in 3D as appose to the original 2D. This takes longer because the system is so radically different that the hard working programmers at nintendo must read through a bunch of old code, then find work-a-rounds to get the code not only running but relatively bug free.
#59DarkIVloonPosted 2/21/2013 6:46:23 PM
Willie_Makeit posted...
Ugh, a new Zelda isn't happening people. At least not on the 3ds. If anything it'll be on the WiiU. They would have made it already if they were doing one.

How long did it take Skyward Sword to come out for Wii? 3 years? 4 years?

Twilight Princess is just a port of a Gamecube game.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#60SMASHKING84Posted 2/21/2013 6:48:17 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

I didnt imply a damn thing. So again,pulling assumptions out of nowhere.

i already explained it'd be impossible for 3ds to emulate n64 unless emulation is literally copy paste.

the hardware power issue is already a given you cannot emulate a system if your system isn't at least the same ammount of power.
this would apply to even copy pasting the games.

so all that's left is architecture. if you think 3ds can run n64 games then the only reason you'd think that is because you think the architecture isn't an issue.

the way emulation works proves my point back in 2000s it'd be hard to find a pc that wasn't more powerful then a ps2,yet they're were no ps2 emulators for years.

if it was just power that was all that was needed they could've made one within a year.
but go ahead play wii games on a hacked psp if you think it's that easy.
---
Master of deceit.