People are really surprised mh3u has no online?

#1PinkyHaLaPosted 2/21/2013 4:11:13 PM
You buy the 3ds version with online then why would you buy the wii u version?, this way if you want the full experience you need to get both versions. It's capcom people
#2OoSubaruoOPosted 2/21/2013 4:16:29 PM
PinkyHaLa posted...
You buy the 3ds version with online then why would you buy the wii u version?, this way if you want the full experience you need to get both versions. It's capcom people

People would buy the console version, if they wanted HD graphics and a bigger screen. People buy the 3DS version for on the go gaming.

Online for both wouldn't be an issue at all.
#3PinkyHaLa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:20:36 PM
MH isn't "on the go" gaming

Handheld version =/= on the go gaming
#4OoSubaruoOPosted 2/21/2013 4:21:26 PM
PinkyHaLa posted...

What? The point of handhelds is for "on the go gaming". What're you even going on about?
#5thatmovingbushPosted 2/21/2013 4:31:20 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
PinkyHaLa posted...

What? The point of handhelds is for "on the go gaming". What're you even going on about?

He probably means that the game is not meant for short bursts of play, which I disagree with.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#6OoSubaruoOPosted 2/21/2013 4:32:21 PM
thatmovingbush posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
PinkyHaLa posted...

He probably means that the game is not meant for short bursts of play, which I disagree with.

But, I never meant it to mean short bursts of play. I meant, people want MH on the go with their handhelds. Which is why there was no excuse for this to not have online.
#7MinamoPosted 2/21/2013 4:40:58 PM
PinkyHaLa posted...

MH being "on the go" is the entire reason it's popular in Japan, dummy.
#8Second_ChancesPosted 2/21/2013 4:44:07 PM
But it does. If you have a 3DS and a Wii U with a wired connection, you can just get the 3DS version for $40 instead of $60 and use the Wii U as a middleman for the same online servers the Wii U version uses. Like Ad-Hoc Party with the Freedom subseries on the PSP and the PS3.

PinkyHaLa posted...

I wonder why it's pretty much the most successful non-Pokemon handheld franchise in Japan and the console versions always sell terribly there, then.
#9CurryfiendPosted 2/21/2013 6:02:14 PM
I remember there being a Final Fantasy game for DS and Wii which let you play with anyone on any system... If those 2 systems could do online multiplayer WITH EACH OTHER then why can't Monster Hunter?
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i50.tinypic.com/14ie929.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5c8ugVYVc
#10Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/21/2013 6:04:50 PM
Because it's an old game at this point. Monster Hunter 4 is prepping for release in Japan this year on 3ds with online. I would have preferred skipping MH3U and just moving on to the newest game.