do people use the street pass feature?

#1StarmanAnthonyPosted 2/21/2013 5:09:55 PM
do people use the streetpass feature? if i bought a 3DS soon will i still be able to get street passes?
#2CBZ652Posted 2/21/2013 5:33:53 PM
I'm an ambassador and I have exactly 71 streetpasses as of today. I average getting one every 7 to 10 days or so and I take mine with me everywhere. Don't expect to get a lot, but you will get some. My problem is that I haven't gotten a new puzzle piece (other than the Fire Emblem giveaway) in months!
---
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
#3TehTrumpCardPosted 2/21/2013 5:49:22 PM
If you live in the city you'll get at least one a day. However, there are days I've gone out and didn't get one even though I saw the person playing their 3DS.

Sometimes some jerks turn their wireless off because they honestly believe they'll be playing their 3DS the entire time it's on, in public until it dies without charging it. Which is both dumb and annoying.
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing... Trump x E4's Caitlin
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#4I_R_WINNERPosted 2/21/2013 7:08:10 PM
I don't even try to street pass because I live in a tiny town but drive to a small city for college. There might be a chance of street passing someone at college...maybe I'll try it.
---
Best tomahawk video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-VjIlADpo
#5Baha05Posted 2/21/2013 7:14:41 PM
I use the feature all the time though I live in a small area so not many streetpaases (though I should try the college)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6SpumiakPosted 2/21/2013 7:19:38 PM
At my college I would get at least 7 a day, so yeah some people use it.
---
"'What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?'
Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE" -Sourcery
#7NessEggmanPosted 2/21/2013 7:26:00 PM
I used to work at a tea shop in Indianapolis and would get between 3 and 10 every day. Never less than 3.

I went to Pokémon VGC National Championships and got like 200 in one day and then turned it off because I didn't want to keep checking it but felt compelled to check it because of the green dot...
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#8Willie_MakeitPosted 2/21/2013 7:29:30 PM
It all depends on location. If you live in the middle of nowhere like me it might be months between streetpasses. You'll have better luck if you live in a major city.
---
Sig.
#9RocketZXbluePosted 2/22/2013 5:37:28 AM
I have my 3DS on me ALL the time wherever I go, school, mall, grocery store.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#10Gamemaster64Posted 2/22/2013 5:39:01 AM
StarmanAnthony posted...
do people use the streetpass feature? if i bought a 3DS soon will i still be able to get street passes?

depends on what you mean by use

I hardly get any new puzzle pieces
a few times they don't even use the Mii Plaza
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.