do people use the street pass feature?

#11MortalDangerPosted 2/22/2013 6:11:02 AM
I've had mine for three weeks and I've not gotten any. I take it with me in my car and into GameStop and certain places, whatever. I'm sure I'll get one eventually. I live in Nashville.
---
God Bless America.
#12Bikes-Posted 2/22/2013 6:20:35 AM
Colleges and anime/gaming conventions are probably the best place to get them. That or move to Japan.
#13ShadowRisaePosted 2/22/2013 6:42:21 AM
I haven't even tried. I plan to for Animal Crossing since that game has good Street Pass features. Getting the US game but I live in Japan. I figure the Street Pass will work still even with the different region.
---
Too many games, not enough free time.
#14esoteric42Posted 2/22/2013 7:30:14 AM
These are some things I have tried to get Street Passes.

Moderately successful: Parking in front of GameStop on the weekend, and leaving my 3DS in the car while I use my laptop at McDonalds (free internet).

Hanging out at the food court of the shopping mall that is located near the Gamestop.

I think the best is to go to your local college/university. High chance of finding the rarer pink pieces.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#15RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/22/2013 7:41:47 AM
I rarely get streetpasses from non-family members. Best places I've found are the comic convention I go to every summer and video games live concerts.

I might have to try walking around the local college campus though.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#16dancer62Posted 2/22/2013 8:46:26 AM
TehTrumpCard posted...
If you live in the city you'll get at least one a day. However, there are days I've gone out and didn't get one even though I saw the person playing their 3DS.

Sometimes some jerks turn their wireless off because they honestly believe they'll be playing their 3DS the entire time it's on, in public until it dies without charging it. Which is both dumb and annoying.

eh? My 3DS is only on when I'm playing it. Wireless is disabled unless I'm intending to download something. I don't know what "streetpass" is, and not sure I even want to.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#17VampireRoninPosted 2/22/2013 9:25:46 AM
Yes people definitely do, but how many you get depends on your location and lifestyle.
I hardly ever get streetpasses back home in Tampa, Florida but I travel throughout the year and I've had a lot of fun collecting them in different states. I walk around new cities with my 3DS in my coat pocket or briefcase and sometimes have a nice surprise when I get back to my hotel or other destination.
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#18MetalLokiPosted 2/22/2013 9:34:16 AM
Yes.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#19OoSubaruoOPosted 2/22/2013 9:35:45 AM
My area sucks for streetpasses, which is why I never take my 3DS out with me. I've never seen a single person with a 3DS, besides some kids and a guy on the bus.
#20MortalDangerPosted 2/22/2013 10:09:35 PM
MortalDanger posted...
I've had mine for three weeks and I've not gotten any. I take it with me in my car and into GameStop and certain places, whatever. I'm sure I'll get one eventually. I live in Nashville.

Hah, I got my first Streetpass this morning on the way to work. About 730, I believe, so someone on the interstate. Nice. Mii named "mom" lol.
---
God Bless America.