What do you want Zelda 3DS to be about?

#1MrAntike184Posted 2/21/2013 7:47:13 PM
Mine would be: The Legend of Zelda: The Curse of Hyrule and its prequel The Legend of Zelda: Journey to Hyrule. They would be Sequels to Majora's Mask, and would show us what happens to Link after him and Epona left Termina.
---
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda & F-Zero.
#2StarmanJuniorPosted 2/21/2013 7:53:04 PM
Link
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#3SMASHKING84Posted 2/21/2013 7:55:12 PM
as long as we get traditional controls and an overworld idc about the rest. that said i kinda want to see a direct sequel to tp. ww got two why cannot tp have even one.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#4jedinatPosted 2/21/2013 8:02:34 PM
Since we've had air, land, and water... how about underground.

The citizens of Hyrule are slaves. Ganondorf won hundreds of years ago and all hope is lost. After abusing the surface and all it's resources Ganon forces the people underground where they toil endlessly within vast labyrinth mines.

Yet a thin hope remains, yadayada, you're the chosen one to bring light back to the underground... which isn't' a dreary place by any means--think Journey to the Center of the Earth.
#5SMASHKING84Posted 2/21/2013 8:06:50 PM
jedinat posted...

The citizens of Hyrule are slaves. Ganondorf won hundreds of years ago and all hope is lost. After abusing the surface and all it's resources Ganon forces the people underground where they toil endlessly within vast labyrinth mines.

Yet a thin hope remains, yadayada, you're the chosen one to bring light back to the underground... which isn't' a dreary place by any means--think Journey to the Center of the Earth.

underground would be cool as long as parts of the game take place on the surface.
---
Master of deceit.
#6MrAntike184(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:11:45 PM
jedinat posted...

I liked your idea until i saw "yadayada". Where's Link and Zelda?
---
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda & F-Zero.
#7legionofpancakePosted 2/21/2013 8:12:22 PM
For the 3DS, I'd like to see some true successor to Wind Waker. Not in terms of story, but just presentation and gameplay. Phantom Hourglass was the sequel, yeah, but everybody knows how that turned out.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.
#8SMASHKING84Posted 2/21/2013 8:13:42 PM
MrAntike184 posted...
jedinat posted...

I liked your idea until i saw "yadayada". Where's Link and Zelda?

link is the hero that leads the rebellion and zelda is probably some random girl she doesn't know her blood line,or if she does she pretends to be a peasant to blend in.
---
Master of deceit.
#9SoeroahPosted 2/21/2013 8:15:57 PM
I won't lie, I would like more time travel based stories.

They are getting a little numerous though. Another idea I cautiously like to think about is a Zelda game set far in the future, but not technological. Say, Hyrule had an apocalyptic event happen 1,000 years ago or whatever, over 1,000 years what we new as Hyrule slowly sank underground and a new Hyrule Kingdom was built up eventually. Then, the Bad of the Game makes an appearance (or the ancient Bad that caused the event to happen begins to reawaken) and the new Link has to find a way to stop him.

In my mind, he'd do this by travelling to the ruins of ancient temples and learning about what happened 1000 years earlier, about a way to defeat the Bad, and exploring the temples. Admittedly, this idea was one I had for the Wii U, where you could use the Gamepad like a window to 'see' through time; look at a broken wall, hold the Gamepad to the screen and see the wall as it appeared pre-event. The 3DS would need a toggle item or something.

So, the temples in this game would be ancient temples from Old Hyrule, perhaps even a buried Hyrule Castle. Maybe a Goron City dungeon where Death Mountain resides. That sort of thing.

I like the idea of exploring a familiar-yet-decrepit Hyrule as a future Link.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#10Tempest717Posted 2/21/2013 8:19:42 PM
jedinat posted...

Needs moar Gurren Lagann.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF