It may be blasphemy to Monster Hunter fans, but...

#11Tzuba12Posted 2/22/2013 9:30:06 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
NeonYoshi11 posted...
Isn't it kind of un-realistic to have to keep hitting a monster so many times to take it down though ?

I mean it doesn't matte how big it is, you should be able to kill it within 10- 20 seconds.

I don't know why you're using this type of logic for this game, how about ALL video games?

You can kill a guy within seconds by continuously shooting him in the foot.

Gamers these days want instant gratification.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#12Tzuba12Posted 2/22/2013 9:58:33 PM(edited)
wisemidds posted...
melchiahdim posted...
I've always wished that the monsters had a health bar in Monster Hunter. I don't think that would dilute the difficulty or anything. I just would like some sort of way of knowing my progress of taking down a big beast.

Seconded! Also it's pretty lame how there isn't a lock-on on the 3DS demo (don't realy count the touch screen icon) would prefer something similar to the z-targeting in OOT and MM.

Targeting is a horrible idea. You have to be able to hurt different body parts, and targeting would just ruin that.

There IS however a "auto target" feature in this game that lets you use the L button to face the monster so you don't have to use the d-pad to move the camera all the time. But its still up to you to take down the monster with skill.

People don't understand that skill is important in these games. You need to have patience, good timing, and good instincts to take down big monster. This isn't Call of Duty, you actually need to practice to get good at the game. Unfortunately, some people want instant gratification and want to make it easier. Sorry, but that would just ruin the game for the people who like the series for what it is.

It would be like taking the platform elements out of Mario games because some people complain that a level is too hard. Monster Hunter is designed like this on PURPOSE. People just don't have the attention span to give it a chance.

Also, why do you NEED a bar to tell you when the monster is about to die? Its dead when its dead, and if you play for more than a few hours, you'll easily be able to tell when a monster is about to die. It'll start drooling, it'll get slower, it'll will start to limp, its attacks may not be as powerful anymore, etc. It adds tension to the game.
---
#13MinamoPosted 2/23/2013 2:46:22 AM
I never understood this complaint outside of Monster Hunter 1. The monster will die when it dies. As far as I can recall, the only game in the series to require you to capture a monster for quests was Monster Hunter 1, and it was a pain when someone would go nuts and kill it before someone got a chance to capture it, but even then I wasn't complaining about the lack of a health bar.

As for lock-on, the auto-face feature is fantastically done. On land its not a big deal, but it makes underwater combat without a CPP much more bearable. If they did anymore than the auto-facing target, it would actually make proper combat harder.
#14Tzuba12Posted 2/23/2013 2:51:22 AM
Minamo posted...
I never understood this complaint outside of Monster Hunter 1. The monster will die when it dies. As far as I can recall, the only game in the series to require you to capture a monster for quests was Monster Hunter 1, and it was a pain when someone would go nuts and kill it before someone got a chance to capture it, but even then I wasn't complaining about the lack of a health bar.

As for lock-on, the auto-face feature is fantastically done. On land its not a big deal, but it makes underwater combat without a CPP much more bearable. If they did anymore than the auto-facing target, it would actually make proper combat harder.

Monster Hunter Tri requires you to capture the monster for some quests.

But its so easy to figure out when to capture, that its a non issue. Especially if you prepare and bring more than 1 trap.
---
#15lambchipsPosted 2/23/2013 2:58:24 AM
they probably do it to hide the weapon damage
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#16SMASHKING84Posted 2/23/2013 3:06:51 AM
yeah you should totally have to hack away one monster for 10 hours because you have no idea your using the wrong weapon great logic next you'll tell me pokemon games shouldn't give you any indication of when you deal a super effective move.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
ignored users:quiet is good,vyers,attack a horse,and razieru
#17MinamoPosted 2/23/2013 3:17:39 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
yeah you should totally have to hack away one monster for 10 hours because you have no idea your using the wrong weapon great logic next you'll tell me pokemon games shouldn't give you any indication of when you deal a super effective move.

Quests can't last ten hours. The game indicates when you are hitting the monster (blood), and it indicates different levels of health via rage, exhaustion, and limping. It doesn't spoon feed you the information, but it makes it pretty clear if you take the time to think about it.

There really is no wrong weapon in terms of type. Other than blatantly low level weapons and blatantly obvious elemental types (Surprise! The water monster isn't weak to water!), you shouldn't have an issue knowing whether or not you doing damage.

I know you are an awful, well known troll, but I don't want others less knowledgeable to think you are bringing up legitimate complaints.
#18Tzuba12Posted 2/23/2013 4:12:26 AM
Minamo posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

Quests can't last ten hours. The game indicates when you are hitting the monster (blood), and it indicates different levels of health via rage, exhaustion, and limping. It doesn't spoon feed you the information, but it makes it pretty clear if you take the time to think about it.

There really is no wrong weapon in terms of type. Other than blatantly low level weapons and blatantly obvious elemental types (Surprise! The water monster isn't weak to water!), you shouldn't have an issue knowing whether or not you doing damage.

I know you are an awful, well known troll, but I don't want others less knowledgeable to think you are bringing up legitimate complaints.

Oh god, HE'S here. I put him on ignore a long time ago.
---
#19SMASHKING84Posted 2/23/2013 10:53:14 AM
Minamo posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

You seem to be missing the point tzuba was trying to claim that the only reason people what a health metter is thier impatient. then ten hour example was to prove that patient has nothing to do with having to be put through something annoying.

he acts like that monster hunter would be baby mode with an hp bar. when they're are rpgs that make monster hunter look like a joke in terms of difficulty that use hp bars.

Monster hunter is extremely easy but i guess because some people perchieve it as hard the cannot possibly be wrong.
And i'd like to know how hating nintendo's WORST francise makes me a troll when people mock even there BEST franchises and there not trolls.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
ignored users:quiet is good,vyers,attack a horse,and razieru
#20LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/23/2013 12:11:35 PM
There are clear visual and behavioral indications of a monster's current status. That's their "health bar".

Also, Monster Hunter has nothing to do with Pokemon. Just because one game uses visible health bars doesn't mean every game should. And there's no such thing as a "wrong" weapon.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg