What is this blue light that's always on on the bottom of my 3ds xl?

#11Crazyguy4005Posted 2/22/2013 10:06:53 AM
GollyFluff posted...
Bulbopwn posted...
If the blue light is the power light then what's the green light on top of my 3ds.... Not a troll, there are two lights on

blue is power, the orange one next to it turns on when it's charging, the yellow light on the right side indicates if wireless is on and the green light on the hinge indicates if you have an unread message (go to the home screen and touch the icon that looks like a green speech bubble)

To clarify the green light at the top right means you have a streetpass...when its blue then you have a spotpass.
---
Check my info for network ID's
#12Epix234Posted 2/22/2013 10:24:52 AM
Umm... that's the battery indicator.. It turns red if you need to charge it. It's blue when you have full or partially full battery.
#13chocolatethund4Posted 2/22/2013 10:39:17 AM
GollyFluff posted...
Bulbopwn posted...
If the blue light is the power light then what's the green light on top of my 3ds.... Not a troll, there are two lights on

blue is power, the orange one next to it turns on when it's charging, the yellow light on the right side indicates if wireless is on and the green light on the hinge indicates if you have an unread message (go to the home screen and touch the icon that looks like a green speech bubble)

Theres three different colors you can have on the hinge. One is green, meaning you recieved a street pass from someone else who owns a 3ds. A blue light indicates a spot pass meaning you recieved something over wifi from someone or something or sometimes nintendo. Spotpass can be a variety of things so you usually want to click on notifications at the top of the touch screen that has a green speech bubble (also shows what you recieved in street pass.) And the last one is an orange light, which only flashes three times when OPENED to tell you if any of your friends have come online.

One more note, if your 3ds has a redlight instead of a blue light for your power, it means it's running low. Later on, it will start flashing red along with the hinge light flashing red to tell you it only has a couple minutes until it automatically shuts off.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699
#14Bulbopwn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:06:56 PM
Thank you, the green light was the one that got me confused because it's in the same spot and the same color as the power light is in for the dslite. Nice to see everyone on the Internet is as friendly as ever tho, stay classy gamefaqs
#15RocketZXbluePosted 2/22/2013 3:28:21 PM
to clear up:
top right LED: goes GREEN on STREETPASS, BLUE on SPOTPASS
bottom LEDs: first one is power, solid blue when on, glowing when in sleep mode, red when low battery, blinking red when REALLY low battery. orange light is charge indicator
light on right side of 3DS near wifi switch, wifi indicator.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#16Bulbopwn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 9:49:25 AM
The green light will just not turn off. I've tried checking mii plaza and I have no unread notifications but it's still on. I tried turning the 3ds on and off but it's still there
#17Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/23/2013 10:54:49 AM
Pics or video of you trying to get rid of the green light.

It's suppose to go away once you open your 3DS. You don't even have to check mii plaza, the light will just go away even if in a game.
---
Former WWE Diva and BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT |
#18RazieruPosted 2/23/2013 11:42:13 AM
It's amazing that this day and age people are still unaware of the existence of manuals and LED indicators, and their purpose(s).
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#19Bulbopwn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:07:41 AM
I don't get what's everyone's problem, I'm legitly trying to figure this out lol. I tried googling the green light but got nothing, and gave the manual a shot (but gave up due to my short attention span, this is my fault), and now that I know what it is, I explained my situation and it still won't go away. Also aren't message boards for when you need help with something anyway? Here are the pics that were requested:

http://imgur.com/a/GIig8

So there you have it, and an honest thank you to whoever's actually giving good anwers.
#20Bulbopwn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:09:41 AM
Nevermind, figured out it was just the wi-fi indicator :)