I e-mailed Nintendo about the lack of FE:A where I live. This is the reply.

#1J_CovPosted 2/22/2013 6:48:52 AM
Greetings,

Thanks for contacting us. I appreciate this opportunity to respond and will make sure the appropriate departments at Nintendo are aware of your position.

In regard to the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening, I can confirm that we continue to ship copies of this game to retailers. There are no defects in the game. If you need assistance with finding stores you can check with for this new game, you may find the "Where to Buy" section of our website (www.nintendo.com) helpful as well. Below, I've included a direct link:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/retail/index.jsp

Sincerely,

Dale Thompson
Nintendo of America Inc.

I'm from Canada btw.
#2MrFwibblesPosted 2/22/2013 6:52:17 AM
That's pretty cool actually, I was expecting them to fob you off by telling you to buy a digital copy.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#3J_Cov(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 7:52:38 AM
bump
#4Boclfon479Posted 2/22/2013 8:29:54 AM
Well even though Canada is not in the US, it's still part of North America, and that's where NoA is, I don't believe there's a Nintendo if Canada
#5T_TanggPosted 2/22/2013 8:35:07 AM
Man, that sucks. I just picked up my copy yesterday @ Target. There was only two left. Loving this game at the moment. Very entertaining.

Have you tried calling all the stores around you? You should try other stores like Target and Walmart if you have one around you. EB & Gamestop aren't the only stores that sell games.

Where are you from?
---
NNID: T_Tang PSN: T_Tang GT: ElateDuckling0
Vita: AsKsQsJsTs 3DS: 0387-9826-5126
#6CAPSARPosted 2/22/2013 8:35:08 AM
MrFwibbles posted...
That's pretty cool actually, I was expecting them to fob you off by telling you to buy a digital copy.

I'm buying the digital copy in a couple of weeks once I finish the round of games I'm on now. Makes it easier to not have to change cards all the time.
#7cyberpikPosted 2/22/2013 8:54:33 AM
Boclfon479 posted...
Well even though Canada is not in the US, it's still part of North America, and that's where NoA is, I don't believe there's a Nintendo if Canada

There is a Canadian branch, NOCL. I don't think they have any autonomy though. I'm pretty sure they aren't much more than a satellite operation.
#8OMG_AIDSPosted 2/22/2013 9:08:21 AM
Just order it online.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-awakening/106383
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#9T_TanggPosted 2/22/2013 10:46:49 AM
Was just at my Target again today and the last copy of FE:A was gone. Pretty rare game it is. Glad I got mines.
---
NNID: T_Tang PSN: T_Tang GT: ElateDuckling0
Vita: AsKsQsJsTs 3DS: 0387-9826-5126
#10J_Cov(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 2:35:53 PM
T_Tangg posted...
Man, that sucks. I just picked up my copy yesterday @ Target. There was only two left. Loving this game at the moment. Very entertaining.

Have you tried calling all the stores around you? You should try other stores like Target and Walmart if you have one around you. EB & Gamestop aren't the only stores that sell games.

Where are you from?

Thunder Bay Ontario