How did Sumo Digital mess up so badly?

#1talesfan215Posted 2/22/2013 8:17:03 AM(edited)
I just tried Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed on 3DS and the game is one of the worst racers I've come across. Shame, because the console version rivals Crash Team Racing in my opinion.

All Stars Racing Transformed has blurry graphics, frame rate drops, more glitches than the console counter part, random freezing. I would understand if this was a DS game. Heck, the DS version of All Stars Racing is probably better than this.

What I don't get is how Crash Team Racing (A game that was developed a long time ago on a console way less powerful than 3DS) can still be a great racer. Heck, they ported Crash Team Racing on PSP successfully (a hand-held less powerful than 3DS) which offers a way better experience than this. This isn't even a port, it uses a new different engine. I had faith in Sumo, but it looks like if I want a decent All Stars Racing on the go, I'll have to get a Vita somewhere down the line.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 2/22/2013 8:05:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/22/2013 8:12:08 AM
I guess that true. My brother got the game first day, and only one hour into the game, he already had to turn the 3DS off because the game glitch froze. You're best of not getting this version or returning it.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#4KaiRyusakiPosted 2/22/2013 8:21:36 AM
maybe sega didnt care too much for the 3ds port and didnt pay sumo enough to try

be glad the game is freaking amazing on consoles/pc atleast
#5lizard81288Posted 2/22/2013 10:11:01 AM
Get the PC version instead.
---
I hate people in general.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/NPC/index/
#6shadowlink180Posted 2/22/2013 10:27:04 AM
Sure, the framerate is bad, but I have already played 3 hours of it, and I haven't experienced any glitches yet.
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 2/22/2013 10:38:23 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
maybe sega didnt care too much for the 3ds port and didnt pay sumo enough to try

be glad the game is freaking amazing on consoles/pc atleast

Maybe he wanted the 3DS version more? I find it sad how this is supposed to be built from the ground up on the 3DS, and runs this badly. This game had great potential.
#8HakuPosted 2/22/2013 10:43:14 AM
They probably just don't care. For some reason framerate always seems to be lowest priority for devs. Oh look how pretty our game is, while it chugs along at 15fps.
#9Bancario51Posted 2/22/2013 10:52:58 AM
They actually put in more work as the 3ds version.was built.from the ground up and is not a direct port like the vita version to fit the 3ds processing power and specifications. Either someone lied to the creators on the specs or they are just really shoddy programmers
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~