What was wrong with spirit camera?

#1REMercsChampPosted 2/22/2013 10:37:04 AM
I played the first 3 fatal frame games on the PS2 and thought they were really good. I noticed spirit camera has gotten trashed pretty badly though. I see it around brand new for a little over 10 dollars and naturally was thinking about getting it. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this game and knows about the low reviews? Is there something I'm missing? Is it glitched or otherwise unplayable?
#2Bancario51Posted 2/22/2013 11:00:26 AM
Game poorly executed.you must use that booklet to play and the 3ds camera doesn't always transition smoothly with the booklet making the game a horror in another way. Also the.game is not portable
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#3VampireRoninPosted 2/22/2013 11:00:42 AM
The low reviews are probably because it's nothing like the other Fatal Frame games. It's kind of like the AR card games, but with a horror twist. Basically a bunch of horror themed mini-games with some boss fights where you use the camera to kill ghosts.

I paid full price for it and don't regret it, but then again I never played any other Fatal Frame games and I knew fully well what the gameplay for Spirit Camera was all about.

For $10 I would definitely get it, but make sure it comes with the book.
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#4VampireRoninPosted 2/22/2013 11:02:46 AM
It is very much so portable, but you need a desk to play.
If you don't like using the book, you can use a smart phone / digital device and download the book from Nintendo's website. Then you can play in the dark and probably have an easier time getting the camera to recognize the AR elements.
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#5Bancario51Posted 2/22/2013 11:21:27 AM
To each its own I guess. It's hit or miss title. Enjoy if you can tc
---
#6REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:43:17 AM
Alright well, I'm going to buy it anyway then seeing as how it's 10 dollars. I'll try it, and if it doesn't work out...well, it was 10 bucks and I'll just move on with my life. Thanks for the heads up
#7Bancario51Posted 2/22/2013 11:46:05 AM
REMercsChamp posted...
Alright well, I'm going to buy it anyway then seeing as how it's 10 dollars. I'll try it, and if it doesn't work out...well, it was 10 bucks and I'll just move on with my life. Thanks for the heads up

Make sure it comes with the book. Otherwise you will have to play off a pdf file lol
---
#8DarkIVloonPosted 2/22/2013 11:48:13 AM
my wife has had it for a long time now though I have yet to try it. She always complained about the game not working, that she was on the right page in the book but nothing would show up.

too bad :(
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#9Petey_MeanisPosted 2/22/2013 12:04:46 PM
If you don't like using the book, you can use a smart phone / digital device and download the book from Nintendo's website. Then you can play in the dark and probably have an easier time getting the camera to recognize the AR elements.

this is what I did. I used my Kindle Fire and played in the dark. It worked flawlessly.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#10REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 1:45:37 PM
Bancario51 posted...
REMercsChamp posted...

Make sure it comes with the book. Otherwise you will have to play off a pdf file lol

It does indeed come with the book, I made sure.