Fire Emblem Awakening is quickly becoming the FFVII of FE series.

#11The Hero Of TimePosted 2/22/2013 11:01:59 AM(edited)
SalsaSavant posted...
Am I the only one who honestly didn't like VII? I'm not a part of any "cycle" or anything. I just didn't like the characters, and found the gameplay to be "meh."

Yeah, I agree. I just think it's... okay. This might be due to the fact that I didn't grow up with it, not having a PS1, but I don't feel the game has aged as well as the other games in the series (by contrast, I love FFV, and I certainly didn't play that one when it was new).

Back to the topic at hand... actually, FE7/Blazing Sword/the first one in the US did suffer this sort of treatment at first, particularly from certain Judgral (FE4/5) fans. Obviously not as large a scale, and the dislike has died down (a lot of people consider it the best of the GBA games), but yeah, not the first time this has happened.

For the record, I'm a huge FE fan (having played FE7 when it was new and getting hooked) and I love Awakening.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#12RocketZXbluePosted 2/22/2013 2:33:47 PM
uh, kind confused what you mean
FF7 gets more hype then it's NEWER FF games
FE:A is the newest FE game
I don't see the comparison?
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#13Nickcool1996Posted 2/22/2013 2:41:10 PM
This topic is true on many levels.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#14dominatinggamerPosted 2/22/2013 2:51:18 PM
luigi33 posted...
FE: A will probably introduce a lot of 'new' people to this series, sort of like how FFVII did back in the day.

This would include me. I [my dad] bought me FF VII on a whim because I thought the cover looked cool. It was the first RPG I really spent any time with and was instantly one of my favorites ever. I printed out the entire guide via CheatCodeCentral back then too because my computer wasn't reliable enough to get to the webpage consistently :p

Now I am going to play FE:A and if I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed FF VII, I don't care what people say in a few years.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#15Lord_FroodPosted 2/22/2013 3:31:10 PM
Oh, it's undoubtedly the most overrated FE ever. What people don't seem to get is that overrated doesn't mean that it's good or bad, it just gets more credit than it truly deserves.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#16SefcaBlightPosted 2/22/2013 3:32:04 PM
its a good game but not anywhere near as good as FE7
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight | www.last.fm/user/SephkaBIight
#17BoundtotheEarthPosted 2/22/2013 3:45:22 PM
lol theres a series? I thought fe started with awakening?

You know it's gonna happen. ;_;
#1821_21Posted 2/22/2013 3:46:00 PM
luigi33 posted...
Just watch, in 2 or so years everyone will call this game the most overrated title in the series, and previous games are "far superior"

So, in 2 or so years everyone will act like Endgame?
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#1921_21Posted 2/22/2013 3:47:14 PM
RocketZXblue posted...
uh, kind confused what you mean
FF7 gets more hype then it's NEWER FF games
FE:A is the newest FE game
I don't see the comparison?

Wow, TC's point just flew over your head, didn't it?
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#20Baha05Posted 2/22/2013 3:49:37 PM
Because I know he will come in no matter what, inb4 Endgame suffers a heart attack

On Topic I haven't played many of the Fire Emblems but I think this is the title that'll get me to try others in the series like FFVII got me to try out the series there. (Yes I was an FF noob and VII was my first game though IX was the first I beaten)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U