Fire Emblem Awakening is quickly becoming the FFVII of FE series.

#51SMASHKING84Posted 2/26/2013 2:23:09 AM
emagdnE posted...
the comparison doesn't really work because Fire Emblem was good at one point

yeah and what killed is "fans" like you.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
ignored users:quiet is good,attack a horse,and razieru
#52OoSubaruoOPosted 2/26/2013 2:25:31 AM
pokemon2poker posted...
Lol at this topic. FF7 revolutionized a genre; FE: A babied down a long time franchise for hardcore gamers to appeal to a broader audience.

Lol at this post, how dare games these days give us options.
#53SMASHKING84Posted 2/26/2013 2:40:52 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
Lol at this topic. FF7 revolutionized a genre; FE: A babied down a long time franchise for hardcore gamers to appeal to a broader audience.

+8001 internets for you.
---
#54krazykillerkowPosted 2/26/2013 3:34:16 AM
I don't really get the shouts of " overrated " when a good part of the community seems to already intensely dislike it.

But on the other hand it may just be a few vocal elitists, which does seem to happen a lot when a series tries to broaden its appeal.
---
That don't bother me, I don't exist.-carsauce on the subject of vitasurance
#55arvilinoPosted 2/26/2013 5:44:04 AM(edited)
Bancario51 posted...
well FFVII had materia. What does FE:A have that is unique to the series?

Dual system and Pair Up. FFVII had Materia which is essentially the same as the Magicite in FF6 except more easily transferable between characters(in terms of using) and determined all abilities outside of limit breaks and weapon range resulting in a homogenous party.
#56SMASHKING84Posted 2/26/2013 5:46:18 AM
arvilino posted...
Bancario51 posted...
well FFVII had materia. What does FE:A have that is unique to the series?

Dual system and Pair Up. FFVII had Materia which is essentially the same as the Magicite in FF6 except transferable between characters resulting in a homogenous party.

you also get to marry units of opposite gender with s rank support and have kids.
and nobody would be b****ing about casual mode if it's not a game changer.

but this is gamefaqs were one poster says he hates rehashes then the same poster turns arround and whines like a little baby as soon as change comes.
---
#57Soanevalcke6Posted 2/26/2013 8:34:37 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
pokemon2poker posted...

It's a bad thing when Map design is Babied down. It gives options to players who aren't as experienced but it takes away fun from people who want a harder and more strategic experience.

All Books and Movies aren't designed to appease everyone, why should games be any different?
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#58ghostblade003Posted 2/26/2013 8:50:49 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
pokemon2poker posted...

It's a bad thing when Map design is Babied down. It gives options to players who aren't as experienced but it takes away fun from people who want a harder and more strategic experience.

All Books and Movies aren't designed to appease everyone, why should games be any different?

Because games aren't movies or books and can include those options to appeal to more people?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
PSN: DarkJustice77. Wii/DS/3DS codes: Just ask.
#59robinhoekPosted 2/26/2013 9:51:26 AM
SalsaSavant posted...
Bancario51 posted...
Well depends were you alive when Ff7 was first released and played it?

I was alive and young, but didn't play it until last year. The whole thing was "meh" to me, except the Gold Saucer, which I loved.

This basically describes me. I still love tons of PS1 and N64 games though that I never played until recently. FF7 just handles poorly, looks terrible, and the story is inferior to its immediate predecessor. Without the aid of nostalgia I don't think too many people would play it now and call it a great game. I had more fun with Guardians Crusade.
#60SMASHKING84Posted 2/26/2013 4:19:47 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
pokemon2poker posted...

play lunatic plus on classic without pair up
on better yet stop pretending fe was EVER hard.
You want a hard game play ghost and goblins one lift,two hit deaths,no continues and you have to beat twice to actually beat it.
---