Need some help so FE:A isnt $120

#1KibutoLeePosted 2/22/2013 12:16:50 PM
I decided I'd put $40 on my account and get FE:A. Well whenever I touch the purchase button I get an error. I looked it up and it said to reset my location settings. When I click location settings it ends the e-shop and restarts the system...

So I call nintendo and the guy is telling me to try stuff but nothing worked. Then he says to send it in for $85+tax.

I'd like to avoid that if necessary so does anyone know of some way to fix the problem? Or is there a way to buy FE:A on a website but dl it on my 3ds using my account?
---
GT-Kibuto Lee SSF4-Viper/Makoto/Random P4A-Kanji/Yukiko
UMvC3-X-23/Hulk/Deadpool BB-Bang/Tager TTT2-Yoshi/Miharu-Mokujin/Bruce
#2teamaquashockPosted 2/22/2013 12:20:09 PM
I think Gamestop has that option. You can buy the game as a download.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-awakening/106383
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#3zavlinzPosted 2/22/2013 12:22:24 PM
if you want the digital version then youre going to have set your region right.
settings -> other settings -> profile -> region settings -> select your country.

Then, if you want you can buy a prepaid nintendo card at a retailer like walmart.
#4PuddingchanPosted 2/22/2013 12:22:28 PM
KibutoLee posted...
I decided I'd put $40 on my account and get FE:A. Well whenever I touch the purchase button I get an error. I looked it up and it said to reset my location settings. When I click location settings it ends the e-shop and restarts the system...

So I call nintendo and the guy is telling me to try stuff but nothing worked. Then he says to send it in for $85+tax.

I'd like to avoid that if necessary so does anyone know of some way to fix the problem? Or is there a way to buy FE:A on a website but dl it on my 3ds using my account?

From home screen, go System settings -> Profile -> Region Settings and then set it again?
#5KibutoLee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:34:47 PM
Just tried the home-settings-profile-region and it didnt work. I already have the $40 on my e-shop account but I cant spend it now unless I spend $85.
---
#6zavlinzPosted 2/22/2013 12:36:04 PM
have to be more specific than "it doesnt work"
What message do you get and when?
#7KibutoLee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:41:07 PM
If I click the purchase button on FE I get error 005-6534. When I go to location settings in the e-shop I get a message where it says an error has occurred causing the shop to close. the system will now restart.
---
#8PuddingchanPosted 2/22/2013 12:47:44 PM(edited)
KibutoLee posted...
If I click the purchase button on FE I get error 005-6534. When I go to location settings in the e-shop I get a message where it says an error has occurred causing the shop to close. the system will now restart.

Some people had the same problem as you:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wA7QyFMdG6YJ:techforums.nintendo.com/thread/17224+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg

Try this too:

1 - Turn on your system and go to "System Settings". Select "Other Settings," then "Profile." Select "Region Settings" and select Canada. Pick any province, this change is temporary. Click "ok" twice, Then "Back" twice, then close the "system settings"

2 - Next, select the Nintendo eShop icon. Click "Next" twice, "I agree," "Next," and then "Confirm." Select "Any Province," and select "ok" twice to enter the eShop. If prompted to link to Club Nintendo, click "skip." Press the HOME button and "close" the eShop.

3 - (you should get a notice which says "Important: new country setting, use Nintendo eShop in the new country?) Don't worry as the 3DS has separate funds for each region. Return to "System Settings," "Other Settings," "Profile." Select "Region Settings" again, select "United States," Close "System Settings."

4 - Return to the eShop, "Accept" and "Confirm." Select "Menu" from the top-left.Select "Settings/Other," "Location Settings," and re-enter your zip-code.

You can look into this too: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=005-6535&system=3DS&locale=lang#country
#9KibutoLee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:49:08 PM
well I cant download it from gamestop.com either because I put the money from my card onto the eshop. Is there a way to dl it from a nintendo site using eshop $?
---
#10PuddingchanPosted 2/22/2013 12:56:58 PM
KibutoLee posted...
well I cant download it from gamestop.com either because I put the money from my card onto the eshop. Is there a way to dl it from a nintendo site using eshop $?

Don't think you can.
Did you try changing your region to some other country temporarily, then switch back? I posted instructions up there, you should try them.