And so the limited stock saga of FE:A continues here on a sunny island...

#1PuddingchanPosted 2/22/2013 1:39:06 PM
We're supposed to be getting Fire Emblem Awakening today here on some sunny island in Asia. Today though, I received some notifications that the local distributor decided to delay it for an unspecified amount of time yet again.

A lot of frustration is with this distributor as they have been notorious for their countless of delays and also sometimes overpriced items, and frequent removal of Club Nintendo codes from their products (which many people have issues with). I am neutral about them and I have a feeling the delay is tied to some delays in worldwide distribution.

Any thoughts on this? I guess US people should feel lucky that they can at least get their copy easily from domestic websites. It's a lot tougher for those having a US/Asian (US) console and not being in the US.
#2SefcaBlightPosted 2/22/2013 1:42:55 PM
buy it from the eshop or suck it up
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight | www.last.fm/user/SephkaBIight
#3_Candice_Posted 2/22/2013 1:45:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4ares9090Posted 2/22/2013 1:49:01 PM(edited)
Sorry to hear about it Puddingchan, my local Game Station has it in stock, but I don't like the SRPG genre so, I passed on this game, also, way too many games I want to buy this year, and March has 2 of them :O

My wish list:
Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate (preordering, cancelling preorder, preordering *sigh*)
Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario and Luigi - Dream Team
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
TLoZ - Oracle of Seasons
TLoZ - Oracle of Ages

Virtue's Last Reward
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#5Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 2:23:20 PM(edited)
SefcaBlight posted...

Nope, I'm not in a hurry to get the game so I can wait. I have other things to do. Right now, I don't even have a proper game on my 3DS XL. Believe it or not, most of the time I open my 3DS XL I'm either on Swapnote, the eShop or a demo. I'm not as frustrated as some others are, and I can keep myself busy or self-entertained somehow.

I do wish they had this game in earlier though. I would have a lot more things to see to in the upcoming weeks to come.

_Candice_ posted...
A lot of people would rather have physical copies.

~~~~~~

I quote this, because it makes more sense to have physical copies than digital for some reasons.

I would rather have the physical copy of games so that I can trade games with trusted friends. I can also sell the game later on too when I don't play it any longer. In this perspective, it will be much more economical than to buy the digital copies of games.

The only game I will buy a digital copy for (or to pre-order two physical copies since this game has some childhood memories attached to it) will be Terry's Wonderland (DWM). That's because of the single save file, and the fact that two people want to play it, including me.

Seriously though, if they want people to buy the game from the eShop and have it on their console permanently, they have to make it a lot cheaper. There are too many cons for a digital copy in most cases.

@ ares: I wonder if the preorder-cancel-preorder has anything to do with those swapnotes =o gamestop doesn't allow you to order? sorry to hear you're having trouble with them.

My wishlist is a lot smaller than yours. Animal crossing would be what I'm getting, as for Pokemon X and Y I will need to see more details before deciding which one to get, since I am only getting one. There's also one more that I want but I think it is too pricey at the moment.

The only two SRPG/TRPG that I can think of that I will play and like are Fire Emblem and FF Tactics series. I tend to think SRPG/TRPG as kind of dry and boring otherwise. For me, these two are the only series that stand out with their story and visuals.
#6vashtrichamPosted 2/22/2013 2:28:16 PM(edited)
Quote:SefcaBlight posted...

Nope, I'm not in a hurry to get the game so I can wait. I have other things to do. Right now, I don't even have a proper game on my 3DS XL. Believe it or not, most of the time I open my 3DS XL I'm either on Swapnote, the eShop or a demo. I'm not as frustrated as some others are, and I can keep myself busy or self-entertained somehow.

I do wish they had this game in earlier though. I would be a lot more busy in the upcoming weeks to come.

_Candice_ posted...
A lot of people would rather have physical copies.

~~~~~~

I quote this, because it makes more sense to have physical copies than digital for some reasons.

I would rather have the physical copy of games so that I can trade games with trusted friends. I can also sell the game later on too when I don't play it any longer. In this perspective, it will be much more economical than to buy the digital copies of games.

The only game I will buy a digital copy for (or to pre-order two physical copies since this game has some childhood memories attached to it) will be Terry's Wonderland (DWM). That's because of the single save file, and the fact that two people want to play it, including me.

Seriously though, if they want people to buy the game from the eShop and have it on their console permanently, they have to make it a lot cheaper. There are too many cons for a digital copy in most cases.

@ ares: I wonder if the preorder-cancel-preorder has anything to do with those swapnotes =o gamestop doesn't allow you to order? sorry to hear you're having trouble with them.

My wishlist is a lot smaller than yours. Animal crossing would be what I'm getting, as for Pokemon X and Y I will need to see more details before deciding which one to get, since I am only getting one. There's also one more that I want but I think it is too pricey at the moment.

The only two SRPG/TRPG that I can think of that I will play and like are Fire Emblem and FF Tactics series. I tend to think SRPG/TRPG as kind of dry and boring otherwise. For me, these two are the only series that stand out with their story and visuals.

@Puddingchan
If your not willing to buy it on Eshop than stop complaining about not having it, you choose to not have it yet since there are ways you can play. Stop complaining if you really wanted to play the game it being digital would not stop you

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#7Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 2:48:27 PM(edited)
vashtricham posted...
@Puddingchan
If your not willing to buy it on Eshop than stop complaining about not having it, you choose to not have it yet since there are ways you can play. Stop complaining if you really wanted to play the game it being digital would stop you

I don't think you understood or read what I was saying. And I wasn't even complaining. I wasn't in a hurry, though I do wish that they would speed up distribution for others.

I'm not saying that digital is a bad choice, but it has too many drawbacks, especially when it is about the same price as the physical copy.
#8Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 2:50:12 PM
Would like to add that there is some chance of a failed purchase by eShop which can be hard to remedy. I don't want to find myself making an overseas call.