I think Nintendo finally understands the need for demos.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I think Nintendo finally understands the need for demos.
3 years ago#11
I would have never bought Sonic All Stars (Wii U) without the demo. Hadn't given it any thought before, loved the demo so much, I bought the game.
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
3 years ago#12
masterduelistky posted...
The Resident Evil: Revelations demo definitely helped me make my decision to buy it.

Same here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
3 years ago#13
for niche games like fire emblem, yeah

but mario games don't need demos
3 years ago#14
I think demos are wonderful!

I was skeptic about getting EO4 but as I'm still playing this demo I realize this is a must have. I hope more game demos in the future start at the games beginning and then allow for the save to be transferred to the full game.
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing... Trump x E4's Caitlin
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
3 years ago#15
dominatinggamer posted...
I'm all for demos but in all of my gaming years I don't think a demo has ever swayed me towards a purchase I wasn't already set on making. More often they deter a purchase.

This is why I think demos are a bad idea. Notice the extermely high ratings on games with demos, only people that loved it bought it.
my sig was getting old.
3 years ago#16
I'm hating the Monster Hunter demo, but the Resident Evil one totally sold me.
3DS FC: 2191-7845-2935
3 years ago#17
To be honest, I think demos actually make me not buy a game, rather than me buying the game
Dont french fry when youre supposed to pizza. If you french fry when you're supposed to pizza you're gonna have a bad time.
3 years ago#18
Demo sold me on Fire Emblem: Awakening, but killed my interest for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Kind of a mixed bag.
PSN: JDTAY87
Nintendo Network: JDTAY87
3 years ago#19
JDTAY posted...
Demo sold me on Fire Emblem: Awakening, but killed my interest for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Kind of a mixed bag.

the Monster Hunter ultimate demo what is not for people who have never played the game more for people who are awaiting the game. A demo for Monster Hunter could never do any justice. it is not a game with instant gratification it is a very deep game that requires patience and practice. if I were you I wouldn't make a decision on Monster Hunter about a demo that only shows you 2 monsters and nothing of what comes with preparing to even fight monsters of that caliber.
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
3 years ago#20
Godstriker8 posted...
Sometimes demos can suck though. I hated the Dead Space demo, but when I got the game for cheap years later, I loved it.

That's a problem with the developer then. The point of a demo is to sell a game. Or at least it was. Demos are pretty lazy these days because consumers are less wise with their money now.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I think Nintendo finally understands the need for demos.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived